Large number of Winamp user agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukemester

Feed Provider
I've noticed a large number of Winamp listeners. Usually second after android. Are there really that many people using Winamp or is this a false user agent detection? I used Winamp years ago. I don't think it's even being supported now.

Josh

I can't speak for everyone, but I always download winamp on my computers and make it the default player for audio files and streaming audio. Why? It's a simple interface, it doesn't require a lot of real-estate on my screen when it's up and the equalizer is helpful at times as well.

It's just a shame it isn't supported/developed any more

talkpair

I mainly use WinAmp on my Windows machine because it allows multiple instances of the program to run, allowing me to listen to more than one feed.

As Josh stated, it doesn't require much space on the screen, so even 6 instances of the program running can be tucked away in a corner. When the instances are reduced to their smallest size, the essential information about the stream is still visible.

I've also created a shortcut icon for every stream I frequently visit. I modified each shortcut to include the location of each stream. A single mouse click opens WinAmp and connects directly to the stream.
This eliminates the web browser entirely.

n0nhp

WinAmp allows users to separate stereo feeds to eliminate audio they may not want to hear, It will display alpha tags if they are included on the feed and biggest plus in my estimation is as stated above, the equalizer to remove hum and subaudible tones, especially as I use a 5.1 audio and the subwoofer will all but vibrate my desk into the next room.

Bruce

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I still use Win-Amp as well Aimp3 ( which is similar to Win-Amp). Also I use several others, depending on what I am listening to.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
WinAmp allows users to separate stereo feeds to eliminate audio they may not want to hear, It will display alpha tags if they are included on the feed and biggest plus in my estimation is as stated above, the equalizer to remove hum and subaudible tones, especially as I use a 5.1 audio and the subwoofer will all but vibrate my desk into the next room.

Bruce

I need to do more of the tweaking as well. Not so much for the hum fixing. But I'm only interested in listening to fire & EMS audio. If there's feeds that have PD in stereo that I can tweak the settings to only listen to the fire & EMS side of the audio I'd probably listen to those feeds a lot more than I usually do. Normally I can only listen for a few minutes before the PD gets annoying and I move on to another feed from the area that doesn't have PD in it, even if it's a lesser quality feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.