Posting pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi I'm a relatively new user and would like to know how I post pics relating to a thread I either start or comment on. Someone told me to use imur.com and get a code to post the pic but I would like to know if there is another option. Thanks.

Last edited:

majoco

Stirrer
You can't post then from "Quick Reply", you have to use "Post Reply". Scroll down from the text entry section and there's the button to bring up the pic entry section. You'll need to resize the pic to something small say 640x480 and 72dpi - I use "Irfanview" for this task (and many others!)

Blackink

Here's how I add pictures:

Hi I'm a relatively new user and would like to know how I post pics relating to a thread I either start or comment on. Someone told me to use imur.com and get a code to post the pic but I would like to know if there is another option. Thanks.

Here's how I do it:
First I click on the Quote link at the bottom right corner of the thread window. Now you have a new window opened up called Reply to Thread.

You can enter whatever text you want in the body of that thread window and when your done, scroll down to where you see, under where it says Additional Options, you will see a light blue bar with the words Manage Attachments in it.

Click on that light blue colored bar and a new window will open up that looks like the picture below in the Attached Images area.

Now you need to click the Browse button you see there, another window will open up called-File Upload. Search your hard drive via this window and select the picture/file you want uploaded.

Once you find the picture/file you want uploaded, select it, it'll then be highlighted all in blue, click on the Open button in the lower right side of that window and you will return to the Manage Attachments window.

Now click on the Upload button that is highlighted in light blue and the picture will be posted to the thread.

The ONLY way you'll be able to see the picture once you've done all the above steps correctly, is to do a Preview Post- you can find this button right below the different smilie icons, highlighted in light blue color. Click on the Preview Post button and if all went well, you will see the picture in the Preview window that opens up (the body of the message you were typing in will be right below that Preview Post message, just scroll down a bit to see it).

What I haven't figured out is, if there's a way to put the picture I just uploaded, in a certain spot in my thread, rather than have it show up at the bottom of my message like where this Manage Attachments pictured ended up.

This is how I add pictures to my posts. I'm not sure if there's an easier way but this works for me.

Good Luck and have fun.....

Attachments

• Manage Attachments.JPG
    Manage Attachments.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 272

W6KRU

You can use the procedure that Blackink describes so well above or you can upload your photos to a photo hosting website(Flickr, photobucket, imugr, etc.) and then pasting the link provided by the photo hosting site in the form provided when you click the button for inserting an image.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15 KB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.