Goodhue Co/Red Wing Fire paging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjgostovich

Hi there. I'm in Red Wing for the weekend and was wondering if Goodhue Co or Red Wing still page fire off of there listed VHF channel (155.92500)? Thanks in advance.

n0esc

Feed Provider
Pretty sure they do. Most of the counties that went to ARMER didn't want to absorb the cost of dealing with replacing the countless Minitor pagers running around. According to the feed available in Goodhue Co on broadcastify, edispatches is feeding 155.925 for Wanamingo Fire. Detector - #4083 Detector Frequency - 155.925

Wanamingo Fire

sjgostovich

Pretty sure they do. Most of the counties that went to ARMER didn't want to absorb the cost of dealing with replacing the countless Minitor pagers running around. According to the feed available in Goodhue Co on broadcastify, edispatches is feeding 155.925 for Wanamingo Fire. Detector - #4083 Detector Frequency - 155.925

Wanamingo Fire

Copy that, i'll give it a try! Thanks!

rastab

Red Wing Fire Tones

Goodhue County does use 155.925 for Fire paging and communications, except for Red Wing pages which are on 154.250. After the initial page, I believe that the other communications are on 155.925 (simulcast from ARMER).

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber

Wanamingo Fire

A Minitor or fire pager that will "deal" with a trunked radio system doesn't exist. So fire departments migrating to trunked radio systems will continue to use conventional radio channels for tone and voice paging of firefighters.

More often than not, there is a "paging" talkgroup on the trunked system that is patched to the conventional paging frequency. That way dispatches are heard on both the trunked system and the conventional paging system.

n0esc

Feed Provider
A Minitor or fire pager that will "deal" with a trunked radio system doesn't exist. So fire departments migrating to trunked radio systems will continue to use conventional radio channels for tone and voice paging of firefighters.

More often than not, there is a "paging" talkgroup on the trunked system that is patched to the conventional paging frequency. That way dispatches are heard on both the trunked system and the conventional paging system.

I wasn't and didn't intend to imply that such a beast existed. Some departments in this area opted to pursue purchase of actual radios for FD personnel vs the Minitors. Many departments couldn't afford that or put the dollars to better use. Grant money dried up for that option as well.

kb0uxv

Yes, 110.9 for everything VHF in the county.

155.925 from Sand Hill, Aspen, Zumbrota, or Kenyon (steered depending on entity being paged)

155.025 from Cannon Falls

Zumbrota and Cannon repeaters hard patched to GD FEMAIN

154.250 Red Wing fire only, patched to GD RW CMN.

Patches serve two purposes, to allow pages to be received when out of range of the paging site, and to allow firemen to hear the audio from the Fire Main while the pager is in open mode.

Scott, give me a ring if you want a tour, I am on today (Sunday) until 5:30PM. 651-385-3155 rings to dispatch, ask for Nate and they will patch you to my cell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.