New FCC Licenses and Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I figured it would be beneficial to start a thread regarding newly licensed frequencies and/or renewals for the state. Here are a few recent highlights that caught my eye:

Conrail in Burlington County obtained a few low powered frequencies in the 467 range.

PSEG generating station in Ridgefield, NJ has new licenses in the 451 Mhz range.

In addition, Port Authority - 153.755( low powered 5 watt channel)

Lastly, Villani Bus Company in Linden recently obtained several new licenses in the 157-159 MHz range, however I haven't confirmed hearing anything yet.

Anyway, I think it would be great to update this thread once or twice a month with any new FCC licenses found that are not already in the DB and any confirmations for actually hearing anything new. I will try my best to keep this thread alive, but help is always appreciated.

KC2zZe

Seems like a lot of work to do (to post it here again) and duplication of effort (for someone to sift through information twice), and not nearly often enough as suggested, when Mitch already does it for us every week at Quick Scanner Links This way anyone could check up on any state straight from the source (the Commission), and not have it "editted" by what someone else may or may not deem important. Whoever finds something that is "new" to them could plug it into their scanner and, once activity type and a tone are confirmed, then they could make a submission to the database, as has been routine procedure for years.

Last edited:

Analogrules

Nah, I wasn't going to go crazy on this....just highlight some more important ones, like public safety for the most part and those on here can research the details on their own if they have a strong enough interest. I clicked on the link provided, however I honestly don't like the format. I actually find the format easier to follow on the official FCC site. (That's just my opinion). But, if anyone sees any new licenses that they feel to be interesting, feel free to post here.

Analogrules

This past week renewals/new licenses:

US Coast Guard in Conjunction with State PD: 156.425, 156.450, 156.800, 156.850

NJ State PD: 851.3125 and 852.3125

Drew University: 461.200, 464.325 (DMR emission code though)

Also, NJ State OEM renewed their analog 39 Mhz frequencies recently

These are all the public safety ones I saw from this past week.

Analogrules

This week:

Princeton PD - just got licensed for 470.9625 (not listed in the db) For those living in that area, something to check out!!

Hopewell FD - 154.1075 (also not in the rr db)

Analogrules

This past week the DEP renewed all of their 159 MHz frequencies, despite the fact they are primarily on the NJ State PD 800 system now. Also, Woodbridge FD renewed 33.820 and 33.900 (however I never even heard a simulcast on these channels). I find it interesting how so many agencies continue to spend money to renew these old frequencies. I guess they still want them for last choice back up options.

Tech792

This past week the DEP renewed all of their 159 MHz frequencies, despite the fact they are primarily on the NJ State PD 800 system now. Also, Woodbridge FD renewed 33.820 and 33.900 (however I never even heard a simulcast on these channels). I find it interesting how so many agencies continue to spend money to renew these old frequencies. I guess they still want them for last choice back up options.

It cost $0 for municipal gov't to renew a license. So why not. Municipal gov't/volunteer fire depts are exempt from FCC fees.

ansky

33.82 is the Middlesex County fire dispatch channel. I know Woodbridge was simulcasting their dispatch on that channel years ago, but I no longer monitor that frequency. My assumption is that as long as these agencies still own equipment capable of broadcasting on those frequencies, then they need to continue renewing the licenses.

jvdet

wait - there is a company with almost official FCC look-a-like renewal notice that is sent out to Government units as well as business - the name escapes me - but there is a cost if a licensee thinks its an official notice which includes a fee for the company, am told many agencies have renewed licenses they no longer use (low band) this way because not every agency has the smarts to renew for free

jaymatt1978

They all do! It's the same with NJ Transit even though they're on the TETRA system full time they still retain ALL of their 160 frequencies AND RENEW THEM!8
One note every state that has an y kind of marine unit, which I believe they ALL DO, have licenses on the marine channels!!!

33.82 is the Middlesex County fire dispatch channel. I know Woodbridge was simulcasting their dispatch on that channel years ago, but I no longer monitor that frequency. My assumption is that as long as these agencies still own equipment capable of broadcasting on those frequencies, then they need to continue renewing the licenses.

Analogrules

A few Renewal Updates

Since I haven't updated this thread in a while......here we go:

PSEG - has renewed several of their conventional frequency licenses for their Generating stations. I do know that a few of them are still active. I will be submitting this information myself to the DB, as soon as I have more time to do a little DXing on my own to verify which ones are still actively being used. In the meantime, if anyone has verified information for PSEG frequencies that are still actively (in use) in the 153, 450, and 460 MHz range, please submit it to the DB.

NJ Dept. of Corrections - 155.070 (highly doubt it is still active though), but just renewed

Surf City Lifeguards Renewal - 462.950

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
It cost $0 for municipal gov't to renew a license. So why not. Municipal gov't/volunteer fire depts are exempt from FCC fees.

Well, while it may be free, entities renewing licenses they are not really using causes issues for new prospective users since, in the public safety bands, there are very few viable options in the area. I'm not speaking on these NJ DEP frequencies in particular...just in general. Frequency hoarding makes life very difficult for others and it is exceedingly common.

Analogrules

I was just going to ask that. I have been monitoring 155.070 from union county and it comes in clear, although infrequent. I was just wondering which Prison it might be?

Analogrules

Another renewal this week is Union County Vo-Tech School on 452.500 MHz. They must be very low power because all I hear on there is some Taxi Company with DCS043. Probably some company currently leasing from James Potts.

Status
Not open for further replies.