trip from KC TO Austin Tex

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Go to the DB and download the entire list...don't worry about the regions. You'll likely hear almost all of the radio traffic...such as it is anymore!

Safe travels....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
thank you
What you want is the section labeled "Common Statewide Channels". However, in many areas, DPS has very little radio traffic, using their MDT's more than the radio for routine traffic. In many of the counties, you'll hear the troopers on the county Sheriff's office dispatch frequencies more than on DPS channels. Also, DPS often uses the frequencies (at least near dispatch offices) in duplex mode, instead of repeater. The base is transmitting on one frequency, but mobiles are answering on a different one.

In the Austin area, DPS has several talkgroups on GATRRS. Look at the section labeled State Agencies Talkgroups. Here in the DFW area, DPS does have a talkgroup on the Denton TRS, but about the only time I've caught that active is when something is going on at TMS in Ft. Worth. They may use it more than that, but I don't concentrate on that system; it's right on the edge of being out of range for me from home.

KC0CSE

What you want is the section labeled "Common Statewide Channels". However, in many areas, DPS has very little radio traffic, using their MDT's more than the radio for routine traffic. In many of the counties, you'll hear the troopers on the county Sheriff's office dispatch frequencies more than on DPS channels. Also, DPS often uses the frequencies (at least near dispatch offices) in duplex mode, instead of repeater. The base is transmitting on one frequency, but mobiles are answering on a different one.

In the Austin area, DPS has several talkgroups on GATRRS. Look at the section labeled State Agencies Talkgroups. Here in the DFW area, DPS does have a talkgroup on the Denton TRS, but about the only time I've caught that active is when something is going on at TMS in Ft. Worth. They may use it more than that, but I don't concentrate on that system; it's right on the edge of being out of range for me from home.

Ok I will try that...thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.