Indiana County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATTACKFF

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Indiana still dispatches on 33.70 or another frequency or have they gone total digital, and no longer use voice minitors or pagers?

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Indiana still dispatches on 33.70 or another frequency or have they gone total digital, and no longer use voice minitors or pagers?

They have gone totally digital 460.2375. Legacy frequencies 33.70 & 155.220 have been silent

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I should clarify, when I said about going silent, that was in reference to Indiana. Westmoreland is slowly weening off of 33.70, and Somerset is still using it so far.

scanner92us

Somerset Co. will add a VHF hi band analog freq. for fire disp. when we switch to ICCORS. (About Jan 1 2016) 33.700 will remain until Jan 1 2018, when it will be shut down.

ATTACKFF

Premium Subscriber
Ok so fire dispatch is now digital 460.2375? Is that correct, if i have one of the digital bear cat scanners i will be able to hear it?

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Ok so fire dispatch is now digital 460.2375? Is that correct, if i have one of the digital bear cat scanners i will be able to hear it?

It's digital paging only, there are no voice announcements made on this frequency. All you will hear is digital paging aka noise. To monitor any of the counties participating in ICORRS then yes you will need a P25 capable scanner.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Somerset Co. will add a VHF hi band analog freq. for fire disp. when we switch to ICCORS. (About Jan 1 2016) 33.700 will remain until Jan 1 2018, when it will be shut down.

Has it been determined if Somerset will be Phase 1 or Phase 2 ? I assuming they will be 800 mhz. Correct me if I'm wrong

Thanks

Blaze36

Premium Subscriber
I should clarify, when I said about going silent, that was in reference to Indiana. Westmoreland is slowly weening off of 33.70, and Somerset is still using it so far.

I heard a message on Westmoreland Online Scanner about switching from 33.70 to another frequency for dispatch. I thought they said it was going to on the EMS Dispatch Frequency.. Do you know for sure?

Voyager

I heard a message on Westmoreland Online Scanner about switching from 33.70 to another frequency for dispatch. I thought they said it was going to on the EMS Dispatch Frequency.. Do you know for sure?

Switching to 154.040 - been active for many months now.
(EMS is on 155.160)

(The above is for Westmoreland County - The Indiana County info is in Dan's post)

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
All new VHF pagers for westmoreland are programmed for your department tones on both fire and ems paging channels. So if one goes down they can use the other to continue to alert.

And reference to the indiana paging I believe they are using pocsag paging with digital text pagers.
Swissphone DE920 are what I use when working.

druhe

Premium Subscriber

If you heard that this morning (25 Nov 14) radio techs are working on the sync issue on 154.040, so they have everyone being dispatched on EMS 155.160. It's my understanding once .040 is corrected the same process will occur on .160

Blaze36

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information, I am glad Westmoreland County is staying with voice dispatching.. Many Counties in PA that switch to digital alpha/numeric pages been having many issues, especially York County..

Voyager

Thanks for the information, I am glad Westmoreland County is staying with voice dispatching.. Many Counties in PA that switch to digital alpha/numeric pages been having many issues, especially York County..

Yea. Seems funny that while the government is trying to reduce texting while driving, the local government is employing a text paging system. Can't wait for the lawsuits when FFs get in an accident due to reading the pager.

scanner92us

ATTACKFF

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone here know an easy way to program a bearcat digital scanner for indiana/westmoreland/armstron/fayette? I want to listen esp to indiana, but have not the slightest idea to to program talk groups,control channels ect.....any help greatly appriciated.

Voyager

Does anyone here know an easy way to program a bearcat digital scanner for indiana/westmoreland/armstron/fayette? I want to listen esp to indiana, but have not the slightest idea to to program talk groups,control channels ect.....any help greatly appriciated.

All depends on the scanner model...

druhe

Premium Subscriber

What programming software are you using ? I can send you my file, and you can upload it

Status
Not open for further replies.