BCD536HP: I simply want to "GO TO" a particular channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromagenesis

I promise I've poured over the manual and I have lurked in the thread for days. Yes, I know where the search button is. I have my database ready and the scanner is working fine. But it seems a critical function is missing or I'm just missing something. While scanning, I want to be able to stop scanning and jump to a favorites list containing only a single department. Once I get there, I *ONLY* want to hear that channel. It appears that the scanner only allows you to toggle favorites lists on and off. Its seems absurd that to listen to a single channel, you have to go in and toggle-off ALL (possibly hundreds) of others, then after you are done listening to your single channel, you have to toggle them all back on. I know you can press the channel hold then scroll with the wheel, but when you have hundreds of channels/depts like I do, scrolling simply is not going to work.

Does anyone know how to use the keypad and "go to" a single channel (or favorites list), listen to that channel/favorite ONLY for awhile, then restart scanning?

If this can be done with the serial control, that would be acceptable too. I have no problem writing a control app.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree with Captclint. Channel number tags are the way to go if you have certain channels of "greater importance" to you.

I use channel number tags for about 50 "special" channels, which is about the capacity of my memory.

You'll have to set a number tag for the applicable channel(s), a number tag for the system it is in (I use the same number as the system quick key) and a number tag for the Favorites List the system is in (again using the same number as the FL quick key).

For example I have Fire Channel 5 number tagged as 5, in system 1 of Favorites List 1. When I want to jump to that channel, I press Channel, 1.0.5, Channel and the scanner "jumps" to that channel.

Voyager

I agree with Captclint. Channel number tags are the way to go if you have certain channels of "greater importance" to you.

+1

Number Tags will 'get you there'.

One minor correction: For the example, you would press 1.0.5 MENU (not Channel)

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Not to be argumentative, but for my scanner it's channel, number tag, channel. (Just confirmed it, but it is something I do several times a day).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You can also tap the system/department/channel button and rotate the selector to scroll to a specific system/department/channel. For example:

Tap the System button to hold on a system. While the hold is active, tap the button again, and rotate the scroll wheel. It will cycle you through systems.

Repeat using the Department button to hold/scroll through departments.

Repeat using the Channel button to hold/scroll through channels.

The advantages are you can do this on Main Database entries, as well as Favorite List stuff, and you don't have to program a key number and remember the number(s).

Voyager

Not to be argumentative, but for my scanner it's channel, number tag, channel. (Just confirmed it, but it is something I do several times a day).

You're right. I was thinking of the XT series. OOOPS!

Status
Not open for further replies.