Yaesu FT-817 Update 60M "Channels"

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

I have an early model Yaesu FT-817. It has the original 60 meter frequencies which at the time were USB only. I have been looking for a way to unlock the radio so I can operate on the current frequencies as well as shift up to center a CW signal on the assigned frequencies. I have tried the FT-817 Yahoo Group to no avail and have also done some searching on the internet. I am not looking to operate outside the Amateur bands, I just want to update the 60 meter frequencies to the authorized ones as well as being able to operate CW on this band.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

prcguy

The MARS mod is simple on the 817 and to my knowledge the only way to get the new 60m freq(s). Its not illegal in any way to mod the radio for amateur use.
prcguy

I have an early model Yaesu FT-817. It has the original 60 meter frequencies which at the time were USB only. I have been looking for a way to unlock the radio so I can operate on the current frequencies as well as shift up to center a CW signal on the assigned frequencies. I have tried the FT-817 Yahoo Group to no avail and have also done some searching on the internet. I am not looking to operate outside the Amateur bands, I just want to update the 60 meter frequencies to the authorized ones as well as being able to operate CW on this band.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Look for a freeware program called 'Widebander v4' it expands the transmit range on the FT-817 (non ND) and FT-897. Once the mod is done your rig will operate 1.8 MHz to 76 MHz without breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.