Wow, Uniden, that took a lot of nerve

Status
Not open for further replies.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
<rant>
I just got an email from Uniden marketing entitled "Drama with Uniden." Based on the title, I was expecting (hoping? I know... try not to laugh) an apology for the absolutely ridiculous BCD-536 rollout, failed promises, and lies, plus an offer of an (at least) $100 rebate for the (still not working yet promised) WiFi connectivity and portable app.

Instead, it was an advertisement trying to get me to buy a BCD-536, prominently touting the fact that "the Wi-Fi feature lets you use the exclusive Uniden Siren App on your smartphone or tablet to access your scanner from anywhere in your home or vehicle." No little star or dagger to a footnote saying, "Well... actually that feature doesn't work, it hasn't for over a year, and there appears to be little hope that it ever will. So, come to think of it, never mind on that one."

Wow. It's no wonder Uniden is falling down, when it continues to shove it's right foot in its own mouth and at the same time use the left foot to kick its once loyal customers in the butt so hard. I know I won't get any response from Uniden here, but if anyone at that company reads this forum, you've got a lot of nerve.
</rant>

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That paragraph was footnoted in the draft copy. Looks like the agency dropped the footnote...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The Hot Friday email will absolutely have that detailed footnote (now to go soak my bruised knuckles in some ice water).

(EDIT: It was the wall, not a face.)

dkf435

The Hot Friday email will absolutely have that detailed footnote (now to go soak my bruised knuckles in some ice water).

(EDIT: It was the wall, not a face.)

Your company is lighting fires in the scanner world that you do not have enough water to put out.

David Kb7uns

RRR

Premium Subscriber
His continued flagrant arrogance is absurd.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
" I know I won't get any response from Uniden here,"

But you will from the Uniden Fanboys.

That's a pretty idiotic post to make immediately following a post from a Uniden product manager...

dkf435

Well put it this way I still have not purchased the 2 Uniden radios I was set to get this summer and still waiting for these issues to be solved. WILL NOT BECOME ANOTHER WiFi victim.

So the longer it takes the closer the PSR900/1095 gets. Pure facts no BS

David Kb7uns

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
"That's a pretty idiotic post to make immediately following a post from a Uniden product manager..." JONWIENKE

"What do you expect from a Whistler fanboy?" VOYAGER

"It wasn't even immediate - it was almost 90 minutes later." JAY911

Thanks guys...right on cue from the top three fanboys. Thanks for making my point.

And BTW, except for some older GRE Rat Shack models, all of my radios are Uniden.

Hey, maybe I'm a fanboy too!!!

MStep

It was also very surprised to get that email from Uniden touting the "Siren" function. Very sloppy marketing at best, and really shameful at worst in that after all these months to be so careless in their marketing efforts as to pour gasoline on a smoldering fire. With the holiday season now upon us, c'mon Uniden, do the right thing. All those interested should be allowed to return the Wi-Fi dongle for a $100 refund with the option of buying it back once the Siren function is up and running. At least, after this latest chapter in a continuing debacle, Uniden might at least be able to plant some seeds of "good will" and let folks spend that $100 on something that can really get some use out of for the holidays. And when and if the Siren function actually comes to fruition, Uniden should be able to make most of their money back.

davedaver1

Premium Subscriber
Or sign the class action letter which will include a copy to the Attorneys General of each state represented by the owners.

Sign The Letter | Uniden Class Action Site

P.S. Could someone forward the email to admin@unidenclassaction.com please?

Do any of you people talking "class action" understand how that works? Someone has to actually file a class action or a lawsuit. Signing letters is nothing. Sending stuff to "Attorney Generals" is nothing; they don't have time for a couple hundred pissed off scanner owners. When you separate yourselves into groups by state, the numbers mean even less in terms of the state doing your bidding.

If someone actually files a class action suit, the lawyers will all be handsomely paid and the "class" will divide some amount - typically class member settlements involve sums like $10 and coupons for discounts. Unless someone is paying out of their own pocket, you have to convince a law firm that there is a bunch of recovery money to be had from this. Unlikely. You don't want refunds anyway, you want your app and your hardware.

Sell your hated radio and move on. Wait for the next one. And for those of you waiting for Whistler to save you, remember how many radios from Radio Shack were pieces of work that ended up getting sold too. You win some, you lose some. Don't run out and buy the next one (e.g.; "preorder"), wait for some reviews and let the saps find out the problems. If you are a sap from this one, don't be one the next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.