Unitrunker logging question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok .. well here is the thing. I am migrating to Unitrunker (I know I am a little late) .. and just want to inquire about "transmission and affiliation" logging capabilities.

Right now .. using a different program I log all transmissions and affiliations on my Edacs system 24/7. We are going to a P25 system but not for another year or two.

So this change but can I log this in Unitrunker ?

I see that it logs "control channel" data .. such as call grants etc.

However .. this seems like a lot of data. So .. the ? is this.

Is there an opportunity to log just transmission and affiliation data .. really only what you see on the screen in a simple format .. csv file ? I know Unitrunker is xml .. but simple does have its virtues.

I pretty much know that Unitrunker probably does not do this .. but maybe Rick, a simple log output could be an option if it does not allow this. I did not find anything like this.

Right now I do this (to a csv file) .. so as you can see a lot less data .. only really what is truly needed. I know I could use Epoch time and just store hex values like Unitrunker already does etc to make things smaller .. but the advantages would be relatively small.

DateTime / RadioId /Type (TR or AF)/Type Group or Patch (analog or digital) /Group - Patch Id

2014/11/25,11:43:04,11363,TR,G ,1796
2014/11/25,11:43:04,10010,TR,G ,1647
2014/11/25,11:43:04, 4961,TR,G ,1131
2014/11/25,11:43:04,12954,TR,GD,1873
2014/11/25,11:43:07, 6402,AF,G , 629
2014/11/25,11:43:07, 4993,TR,G ,1131

So .. can I do this ? Or will I have to get the data from the current Unitrunker control data logs. I can do it, no problem there just want to see what my options are before I design my database to do it. It just seems like a lot of data to really only use a small fraction of it.

I would imagine that I am not the only one that thinks that this data could be wisely used by Unitrunker users. But right now .. I do not see an option to only get this type of data but rather "all the control channel data", which is great .. but mostly for support issues.

I also love to babble .. :p

- Kevin -

SCPD

QRT
edmscan - go to the Info tab of the active Site window and check "Logging".

UniTrunker | Log Files

Omg Rick .. yes, I just thought of the same thing while making supper. It already has this .. I was just looking at the wrong logs. And more than anything .. just do not have this option turned on. :(

So thanks .. I will be just fine. But my memory .. not so much and is why 95% of my lack there ends up on these forums.

Ok .. I just looked, it is just fine. I can disable those other 2 logs as I do not need control channel data all that much.

Thanks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.