Voice Following in UniTrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF6ORX

Premium Subscriber
There's a bugs preventing the Chase feature from working right. It's being worked on and should be ready in the next release due out - in a week or so.

I can't get the voice channel to "hop" off 0HZ to the next control channel frequency. I have UniTrunker v1.0.29.5. I'm using two R820Ts for signal & voice. I've checked the Enable box in the main options window and I have the Chase box checked in the voice receiver. I'm just trying to get UniTrunker to work alone.

I was concerned that the SDRSharp plugin might have screwed up Unitrunker standalone so I I've removed Remote.DLL from the Unitrunker folder. Could the plugin have made other changes to UniTrunker?

Maybe I'm jumping the gun and this is a known problem to be addressed in a subsequent release but I am still curious because this is such an obvious problem.

Thanks,

KF6ORX

SCPD

QRT
I've checked the Enable box in the main options window and I have the Chase box checked in the voice receiver. I'm just trying to get UniTrunker to work alone.

Chase does nothing for a voice role receiver. It's for chasing the control channel when it rolls over to the next control channel frequency.

There's no "Enable" check box on the main window Options tab. Make sure the "Listen" check box is checked. To follow voice calls, the frequencies of the voice channels must be filled out. Encrypted calls are ignored. If the type of call (eg. analog vs. digital) isn't supported by the voice receiver, it will also be ignored.

What system are you monitoring?

KF6ORX

Premium Subscriber
Control Channel Following Kinda Works Now

UniTrunker,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm trying to follow SID 4822 Flagler County Public Services (Florida). I've got the voice receiver hopping. The key was your tip that the channel frequencies had to be entered. I manually copied the already downloaded system channels to the "limbo" system that was established when I started UniTrunker. I still only get static as it jumps from channel to channel. This leads to several questions:

1. System Default: Is there a way to get UniTrunker to load my downloaded 4822 System when I start UniTrunker? Copying frequencies is a pain and I loose all the pre-established Groups downloaded.

2. Decoding: I've got almost all decoding boxes checked including Pro-Voice and Analog. I understand that SID4822 is a mixed Pro-Voice/Analog system. Does Unitrunker have the Pro-Voice decoder or do I have to try to obtain it elsewhere and install it? I've temporarily "parked" the voice receiver on the signal frequency (852.5) and it comes in fine audibly and on the scope so I'm confident about the correction factor setting for the voice receiver.

Thanks Again,

KF6ORX

SCPD

QRT
1. System Default: Is there a way to get UniTrunker to load my downloaded 4822 System when I start UniTrunker? Copying frequencies is a pain and I loose all the pre-established Groups downloaded.
The Limbo site is just a placeholder the program uses while waiting for you to tell it which system you're actually monitoring. For EDACS, all the program has is the site number and control channel LCN. That's not nearly enough information to positively match a new signal to a previously logged site. The missing piece is the control channel frequency. If you type in the control channel frequency, the program can match that to a previously logged site. If a match is found, the program switches to that site. In some cases, the program can lift the frequency from the radio. Otherwise, you must manually type in that one frequency.

Once you've got the signal receiver paired with the correct site, set the receiver's lock mode to "dedicated". It will remember this association when the program is restarted.

2. Decoding: I've got almost all decoding boxes checked including Pro-Voice and Analog. I understand that SID4822 is a mixed Pro-Voice/Analog system. Does Unitrunker have the Pro-Voice decoder or do I have to try to obtain it elsewhere and install it?
The program does not decode digital voice. For voice role receivers that pass audio through your computer, it can provide two streams - one for analog audio - which is normally directed to your speakers - and a separate stream for discriminator audio bearing a digital voice signal. The latter stream can be piped into a third party decoder like DSD or DSD+.

KF6ORX

Premium Subscriber
Yes. I now know how to use the "delegate" button to copy the site data to the limbo system. I also remembered that on this band mobiles are 45MHz below the base. Once I cranked in the big correction factor for the voice receiver I started receiving analog signals such as EMS and digital signals that must be ProVoice. Now I guess I'm off to get the decoder.

Thanks

KF6ORX

SCPD

QRT
KF6ORX said:
Yes. I now know how to use the "delegate" button to copy the site data to the limbo system
The delegate feature links two system together so they share groups and users but keep separate lists of sites and channels. You could use the consolidate feature but that's overkill.

When a site window appears and you see the phrase "Frequency needed!" next to the control channel - click on the frequency cell for that channel, press F2 to enter edit mode, and type in the frequency. If the program has previously logged a similar system, it will switch to that system's information. The limbo data is usually discarded (in some cases you'll have to manually delete it).

I also remembered that on this band mobiles are 45MHz below the base.
That should not matter since you're monitoring the much stronger repeater outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.