BlackFriday: Why Uniden not participate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireless_friendly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
All mfg., like Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, etc., started promo campaigns with resellers, like HRO & Universal Radio. But Uniden and ScannerMaster pricing is the same even on Black Friday. But latest Uniden products buggy and still sells for street pricing. Why Uniden don't want to try to sell more fore reduced/promo prices?

n5ims

They're probably tired of folks complaining about their new products in the RR forums so they opted to not lower the prices on them to get more folks complaining.

osros

Feed Provider
People who want top of the line are willing to pay for it there's no real reason to lower prices on such items just like Harley and Jeeps they sell themselves and retain value almost. I'm sure there are some savings somewhere don't expect much. I hope I'm wrong would love to see some great deals!

BaofengScanner

Banned
All mfg., like Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, etc., started promo campaigns with resellers, like HRO & Universal Radio. But Uniden and ScannerMaster pricing is the same even on Black Friday. But latest Uniden products buggy and still sells for street pricing. Why Uniden don't want to try to sell more fore reduced/promo prices?

Who cares? Black Friday deals aren't even deals. It's just a gimmick to offload your excess inventory at the end of the year. If you wantna good price watch the prices online and just buy it months ahead. Just bought a Sony SLT for 100 dollars less than it is now on October.

wireless_friendly

Banned
Who cares? Black Friday deals aren't even deals. It's just a gimmick to offload your excess inventory at the end of the year. If you wantna good price watch the prices online and just buy it months ahead. Just bought a Sony SLT for 100 dollars less than it is now on October.
It's not exactly true. I buy radio stuff online for 9 years. And BF is a real chance to buy radio gear at the cheapest price in the year. Other discounts never reaches BF deals (including CuberMonday, Merry Christmas, etc.). DSLR is totally different market and I don't check prices on that's stuff often.

BaofengScanner

Banned
It's not exactly true. I buy radio stuff online for 9 years. And BF is a real chance to buy radio gear at the cheapest price in the year. Other discounts never reaches BF deals (including CuberMonday, Merry Christmas, etc.).

Just gotta look around much because I get way better in the summer. It's a fun tradition but I just don't bother, specially now adays when I can get just get employee discount for being manager lol.

QDP2012

Good evening,

And oll of these activities, including that's post and Uniden newsletter, appeared only after this post.

That does not necessarily prove that you gave them the idea, nor that they did it because you asked them so nicely to do so. Since such sales decisions and announcements require much prior planning, it is safe to say they already had things ready to announce, regardless of your post here. They might also have chosen to slightly delay so they could review and ensure the announcement was entirely correct, considering how the recent email-announcement (reported in another thread) got messed up by the "agency" that was responsible for handling it.

The fact that you posted your comment here before they posted their announcement seems nothing more than coincidence, a correlation not a causation.

Hope this helps,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.