Uploading to pro 652

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwalls42344

Premium Subscriber
I cant figure out how to upload from RR to my pro652. Everything installed and I have the list to upload, but can't find it on the radio. I am 70 yrs old and maybe thats part of it. Any help would be nice :)

QDP2012

Good evening,

I'm assuming that you are using software (like ARC500, Win500, etc.) to get the frequencies from RR and then to upload them into the scanner.

After you retrieve the frequencies from RR and have them on the screen in the software, be sure to assign each analog-frequency and each TalkGroup to a Scanlist, for example ScanList 1.

After you have assigned the ScanLists as desired, in the software, save the file to your computer, so you don't lose all of your work. Then proceed with uploading the data into the scanner.

After the data has been uploaded into the scanner, and the scanner has "rebooted" itself, then press the keypad number that corresponds to the ScanList, until it is toggled on. For example, if you put the Talkgroups and analog-frequencies in ScanList 1, then press the "1" on the keypad, to toggle ScanList 1 on. Pressing it again, will toggle ScanList 1 off.

As you have probably read in these Forums, you can assign your frequencies and talkgroups into any of the 20 available ScanLists, so that they are conveniently arranged. For example, in ScanList 1 you might put your local police. In ScanList 2 you might put your local fire/rescue. In Scanlist 3 you might put your local amateur radio frequencies, and so on.

After making those assignments in the software, then you can upload the data into the scanner, and use the scanner's number pad, to choose what you want to hear by toggling on/off the appropriate scanlists.

This might not be the answer you are looking for. If you still have problems, give us as much detail as you can. Someone here probably has bumped into the problem before and will be able to help.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Swipesy

I cant figure out how to upload from RR to my pro652. Everything installed and I have the list to upload, but can't find it on the radio. I am 70 yrs old and maybe thats part of it. Any help would be nice :)

Naw being 70 has nothing to do with it. I am older than you and have used this radio (forerunner to the 652) for 7 years. If you have the software we will get you up and running in no time.

John

dwalls42344

Premium Subscriber
Well still no luck. I read and reread what you said. Now I have 3 of each freq. showing In the gre/rs editor and can't get rid of them. (nothing in the radio ) One thing i found out I had cable plugged into ear jack. :) But tried again and can't get it. I need to delete the repeats I have and start over but can't figure that out. I really appreciate all the help.
Thanks

Swipesy

You should be using PSREdit or WIN500 or ARC500. Those are the standard software programs to load the radio. If you use PSREdit or WIN500 I would be glad to look at your program and see what your programming issues are. Those are the two software programs I use.Yes you should be able to receive MARCS and MARCS-IP.

If you want send me a PM and I will give you an e-mail address to send file to for me to look at.

John

Swipesy

You mean i have to buy more stuff?

Effectively yes. The best way to program these scanners is with software. The 3 programs I mentioned to you all have a free, fully functional 30 day trial. After the trial is over if you wish to buy they are about $35.00 one time fee. The software will make your life very easy with maintaining the scanner. I sometimes change my programming daily and it would be a nightmare without software.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.