Uniden (UPMAN) Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Upman I put in a request on 11/18/14 to have one of my BCD536HP sent in for repair. I have not received an email for the return shipping label as of today.

The BCD536HP that I want to send in is for the headphone buzz issue and to have the display replaced because it has faded over 50%.

I posted in this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/un...302093-display-fading-50-loss-brightness.html but never received a reply from you.

I also read in the above thread that you contacted the OP via PM and sent him a new BCD536HP. I also read that he didn't even have to send you his old unit first before you sent him a new one.

I have made over 45 videos on my YouTube channel about how to operate and use both the BCD436HP and the BCD536HP along with the Sentinel software. I have helped and continue to help hundreds of new owners of these scanners for free.

All I'm asking is to have my BCD536HP repaired so I can continue to enjoy it. Could you please help get this resolved in a timely manner.

Thank you.

BigC801

Upman I put in a request on 11/18/14 to have one of my BCD536HP sent in for repair. I have not received an email for the return shipping label as of today.

The BCD536HP that I want to send in is for the headphone buzz issue and to have the display replaced because it has faded over 50%.

I posted in this thread: http://forums.radioreference.com/un...302093-display-fading-50-loss-brightness.html but never received a reply from you.

I also read in the above thread that you contacted the OP via PM and sent him a new BCD536HP. I also read that he didn't even have to send you his old unit first before you sent him a new one.

I have made over 45 videos on my YouTube channel about how to operate and use both the BCD436HP and the BCD536HP along with the Sentinel software. I have helped and continue to help hundreds of new owners of these scanners for free.

All I'm asking is to have my BCD536HP repaired so I can continue to enjoy it. Could you please help get this resolved in a timely manner.

Thank you.

I tried several times to send in my 396XT for repair, it has been 12 months and I still haven't heard anything.

After several attempts online and phone I gave up and fixed it myself.

wise871

Database Admin
Keeps us updated. Paul has been posting the last few days and hopefully you will have an answer by Monday when everyone is back to work.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You should have received an email with instructions a few minutes ago.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber

Thank you Paul I did. I will send it out today. Will you please ensure that the display is also fixed before Uniden repair center sends it back to me.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It will never be within 20 miles of me, nor will I know when it actually arrives or is worked on. So, be sure you include a note regarding the display (I recommend taping the note to the outer case).

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
It will never be within 20 miles of me, nor will I know when it actually arrives or is worked on. So, be sure you include a note regarding the display (I recommend taping the note to the outer case).

Great minds think alike. Before I packed it up, I added a note and taped it to the scanner.

garys

Premium Subscriber

Is there any chance I can get the same? My display is virtually invisible during the day.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Paul I did. I will send it out today. Will you please ensure that the display is also fixed before Uniden repair center sends it back to me.

I did, it doesn't help. I don't know if my unit is under warranty and I don't want to spend $75.00 for Uniden to return the unit and say, "Nothing wrong."

This might or might not be an ongoing issue with the 536. I'd like to have an idea on that before I send it back.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I did, it doesn't help. I don't know if my unit is under warranty and I don't want to spend $75.00 for Uniden to return the unit and say, "Nothing wrong."

This might or might not be an ongoing issue with the 536. I'd like to have an idea on that before I send it back.

Gary, the scanner I sent back today was one that has the headphone hiss issue and was recalled. I wasn't going to send it back until the display started fading. I included a note that says please fix or replace the display along with the headphone hiss issue.

I also have another 536 that I will send back that was included in the recall, I just didn't want to be without a scanner so I'm sending them back separately. My second one also has the dim display issue. I have had both of them since the initial release earlier this year and they have been operating 24/7 ever since I took them out of the box.

I will let you know via this thread what Uniden says when I get my first one back.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
Is the BCD536HP headphone hiss issue repair still free? I still have both of my original 536 and it makes no mention on the repair sight. I want the originals returned.

Jake68111

While we are on topic and should this ever happen to me (I sure hope not) and while we have UPMAN on the hook.......

Is there anything that can be done, WITHOUT having the display continually off, that would prevent it from eventually fading? It isn't good to hear that this happens (Is it normal for a display, any display to fade, eventually?)

I would much rather do my best to prevent this as opposed to having to deal with sending it in.

I use my 536 strictly indoors as a base but it isn't on 24/7.

I've NEVER encountered this in all my years with scanners.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Is the BCD536HP headphone hiss issue repair still free? I still have both of my original 536 and it makes no mention on the repair sight. I want the originals returned.

Yes sir Dan, it is still free to send your units back. Here is the link:

Product Repair

Click on the hyperlink in blue that says: BCD536HP Return Program - Submit Return Request

Status
Not open for further replies.