800MHz Mutual Aid & Cuyahoga County

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB8VJU

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else in the Greater Cleveland area been catching tests - both voice, singaling, and phone rings - on the 800MHz mutual aid frequencies?

I cannot remember what they're called now, but I've caught them on 851.0125, 852.0125, and 852.5125. I've heard voice "CECOMS testing" on the last.

Varying signal strength here in Strongsville, which leads me to think multiple transmitters.

Something worth listening

SCPD

QRT
Yes I heard that and wondered what the heck was going on. The first time I heard the phone ringing thing I almost answered my phone! LOL

Likewise on signal strength.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Those are ICall & ITac frequencies.

These are Nationally licensed frequencies for public safety to use as a part of the National Interoperability Plan.

8Call90 851.0125
8Tac91 851.5125
8Tac92 852.0125
8Tac93 852.5125
8Tac94 853.0125

They are supposed to use a 156.7 Transmit, CSQ Receive and may or may not be repeated.

These frequencies are included as a part of the MARCS templates. I know I can hit a repeater on Call90 & Tac91 but the transmitter was distant. Maybe it's housed at CECOMS.

Nasby

Just curious,

Why do all the Nat'l Mutual Aid freqs use 156.7 PL transmit with CSQ receive?

Is it an ID thing?

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Just curious,

Why do all the Nat'l Mutual Aid freqs use 156.7 PL transmit with CSQ receive?

Is it an ID thing?

In the Interoperability mentality, any radio then will be able to use a common repeater on these frequencies, no matter which part of the Nation they may have to respond to. The only folks on these frequencies at any given time should be the people communicating at the same large incident, therefore a PL to separate multiple users will not be necessary. ...and CSQ makes it less likely to miss a transmission due to improper PL decode, etc. -if I understand this correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.