Who is talk group 27001

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Sounds like a command post , but can not find it in the talk groups that are in Missouri State MOSWIN. Not in the St Louis p25 system. In Ferguson, I have tg 10308, 10309, 27001, but nothing to determine who that is.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
They have set up temporary repeaters for the riot it may be patched to them. The Ferguson feed is streaming the RIOT A tactical channel (154.725), listen to the feed and see if it matches.

Last edited:

scannerowner

According to the Wiki page it's Grundy County All. I've never heard it on this side of the State, so maybe someone affiliated with it on that side. One of the patches I've heard is on MO I/O 1.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
It appears to be RIOT A. I am hearing it on one of the new county trunked sytems. That system has an ID of 103. Also i heard radio traffic on the SOW that I assume is up in north county but like a dummy I did not get an ID. The day is still young.

kb0rpj

Feed Provider
I dont think it can be grundy county all, grundy county all wouldnt affliate on any towers outside of our area. maybe your scanner got a misread or bad decode?

teufler

Continuing, audio is perfect for the base on 27001 but audio is horrible for portables, remotes, mobiles. Alst sounds like voice inversion but not quite. Thought it could be simulcast but the base is clear and the same repeater tower would be working for him, I get the id on st charles 800p25 site, but no other sites.

teufler

no they are coming through the St. Louis Regional Communications p25 system, st st charles county 800p2 site, voice is type 1, dispatcher is very clear, have worled for hours playing with setting on the 396xt. getting better but its very strange.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I monitored TG 27001 in Site 103 which (I think) is the new St Charles County system. I am not sure though. And there was no unit id's on 27001 which was making me think it was just some kind of feed or something. Again, not too sure how it works.

Also heard some traffic on A SOW but failed to see what site number came up on my screen. So it seems they are using it for added coverage.

One last item. I heard many times the communications person telling certain squads to switch to Ch 2, 3 or 6. These channels were not monitorable from MOSWIN TG's which made me wonder if the channels they were referring to may have been the analog RIOT channels B through G (I think) and that is why I could not hear them. They may be on low power portables only. Anyone with any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.