Monroe co Businesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, so I've been some custom searches on my 997xt for local monroe co businesses. It started earlier this week when I was trying to see if i could hear towing companys during the snow storm.

I found a frequency 464.6200 clear as day, its a business but not sure who. Did a search on fcc website and here and could not find anything.

The other thing is that I'm not sure it is just one company per the frequency. No tones are coming up either. I do hear some beeps etc from time to time. The clear transmissions I do hear, after they are done talking, there is a long pause with static then a few high pitch beeps.

not sure if I need to just listen and find out who it is, or has anyone else come across this.

Last edited:

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
464.625 MHz

WPHQ775 Northeast Land Co., White Haven, Luzerne County

WPKJ745 The Hershey Co. Hazelton, Luzerne County

KDQ849 Horsehead Corp., Palmerton, Carbon County

WPGK767 John Daniels, Honesdale, Wayne County

WPTJ825 Alliance Sanitary Landfill, Lackawanna County

Home | FCC.gov

I just checked the local Pennsylvania area, however since you're pretty close to Noo Joizee, could be some licensees there too.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
Hey thanks for the quick reply. I found a bunch on nj and pa rr search with the 464.625. But if I go up to that freq I get nothing, go back down to 464.6200 I get plenty of voice traffic. Now im really confused lol

haleve

Banned
462.62 MHz???

Could be an image or the transmitter you're hearing could possibly be off frequency? You can try searching between 462.6 MHz & 462.65 MHz & see what happens, as for possible image frequencies, maybe another member who knows how to calculate that can jump in here.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
Going to do that right now, should I keep the factory band plan?

Could be an image or the transmitter you're hearing could possibly be off frequency? You can try searching between 462.6 MHz & 462.65 MHz & see what happens, as for possible image frequencies, maybe another member who knows how to calculate that can jump in here.

Steveradio

Dont have that listed in my frequency bank but in the poconos it all depends on Location, Location, Location on what is heard. Im mostly west Monroe and Mt. Pocono area, totally different than what people seem to pick up in East Stroudsburg area or Northern Monroe.

Numerous LTRs are active in this area as well.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
@steveradio are you on broadcastify? I'm in the Marshalls Creek area but on the west side of the mountain so I'm kinda facing you.

I did do a custom scan but didn't pick up anything until I changed the bandplan down to 5k. Then I picked up the 464.6200 again. The other day it sounded like it might have been a chicken farm or something. They were talking abaout incubation and harvest, but it was more talking about cleaning and organizing.

countywacker

I think most, if all Monroe Co tow companies use cell providers as a primary source of communications. Some companies still do matain a radio service, but use is very minimal at best.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
I think most, if all Monroe Co tow companies use cell providers as a primary source of communications. Some companies still do matain a radio service, but use is very minimal at best.

I figured most would as there is some bad spots for radio use up here. I was listening during the snow on Wednesday and heard chatter back and forth about a 18 wheeler that turned over up the road a bit. They had said the name of who was coming to pull it out. Looked it up on google and saw "radio dispatched" so started doing research. Never found the freq or anything. But like you said they probably use cell phones anyway.

haleve

Banned

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
@haleve thanks for that site! I checked it out, after the initial area search am I going to towers or antennas?

I'm using a 996xt

haleve

Banned
Antennasearch

Click on Antennas for the actual end user frequency information, the tower option is usually for actual transmitter site research or for guys looking to park & close call the actual transmitting frequencies for CTCSS, DCS tones, by all means, ask away & if I know, you shall know, if not, somebody more knowledgeable like Captain Clint will eventually chime in, take care.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
I been messing around with the site today, very very informative. But here comes my first question lol, who updates the system? A lot of the tower locations even based on the coordinates are off, some by like 10 miles. Though since last night I have found a wealth of info by putting in the call sign in google and seeing what is active and inactive without searching endlessly through the fcc search page.
It is def cool, found some mcdonalds drive through frequencies, which is not exciting but still cool.

Another quick question, is there a way to increase the search radius?

Steveradio

The problem with the poconos like said is the location, location, location on where you are.

Working in Mt. Pocono area find it very difficult to pick up stuff when im in Stroudsburg area, same as in lower part of the county most transmissions hearing are actually from users Northampton County but the towers are in Monore.

Just tracked down LTR user on 452.825 coming in strong here in Monroe when was down valley not much after some time listing it was confirmed Bangor School Transportation, Happen catch accident causing problems for busses getting into the school.

Also picking up stuff from Hazleton area, Wilkes Barre on regular basis, my advice is to monitor much during day as possible. Listen to what areas they travel in or speak about eventually they will give you a clue.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
@steveradio question for you, when you found that freq, how did you determine that it was an LTR?
and yes location is def an odd thing. I find it weird that I cant pick up esu and I'm only about 7 miles away but can easily pick up tobyhanna army depot which is just shy of 18 miles from me.

Steveradio

Sorry for delay just saw response, busy day..

Depending on what scanner your using when the frequency comes up no CT or DC are present keep hitting your mode button to LTR most of the time numbers such as 0-02-101 will pop up that is your LTR plus you will hear a quick squelch every couple minutes.

ESU is on a LTR system primary 462.0875 have yet to confirm the other group numbers.

nepatitan

Premium Subscriber
@steveradio We were talking about esu a few months ago and right this second lol i have it on 462.0875 from scanning the antenna website.
Im using a 996xt, there certainly are a lot of ltr systems around here.

Oh so my other question, when i'm doing custom searches and I come across something with voice audio, then some beeps and static etc. I look up the freq here then on the fcc. I know how to look for the station code and emission class, but i'm still not totally sure how to see what kind of trunked system it is. I have a website saved with audio clips of different types of systems but that is difficult to tell exactly which one it is.

Steveradio

Guessing my last post did not make it on here sorry about that..

Have feeling what your hearing is Sanofi in Swiftwater its a interconnect system they hop frequencies around the UHF band, the control channel is 461.8375 this could be what your monitoring possibly.

If you want to private message me with the frequencies and locations your picking them up that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.