BCD396xt Operational questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Greetings...

My first generation BC396 is dying and I am wondering If I should purchase the BCD396xt or one of the newer handhelds. I just have a few questions about certain operations on the BCD396xt.

01) Is the FireToneOut search feature on the BCD396xt an improvement over the BC396? I noticed on the BC396, if the Tones were (Tone A - 747.2 / Tone B - 634.6), each time the tones were set off the display would be a little different (i.e. one time it would show = Tone A - 747.4 / Tone B - 635.1).

02) Also, for the 'System ID/Tower Site' of P25 TRS's, I noticed that the BC396 would not show a Site ID if the tower site is three digit (i.e. Tower Site # 123 would not show up). If it was Site #32, it would show up on the radio as '3232'. Is this fixed on the BCD396xt?

Thanks in advance for any help someone can be.

BCD396XT - The RadioReference Wiki

Tim

teufler

always the tg id show uo but unit id's, sometimes yes and sometimes no. The radio as a whole does everything I want it too. Snaller size is nice, and the ability to set numbewr keys , where the GRE's I don't think do, is a great help of rapidly going to a frequency or tg id rather than scanning through and hoping you hit hold at the right time. Sort of like pulling a slot mchine handle. Rarely did I get all 7's.

Status
Not open for further replies.