Troop B Simulcast On Analog Trunked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Odd question ... is Troop B, which is now on the P25 system, simulcast onto the analog system? I was briefly picking something up on 33584, which I have as Troop B's Patrol 1.

I didn't think Troop B was simulcast onto the SmartZone system.

ecps92

Yes the P25 system are linked to the Analog System, otherwise troopers who are in Analog coverage would not hear the traffic from the P25 Zone

This also applies to the P25 700/800 out in eastern Mass as well

Odd question ... is Troop B, which is now on the P25 system, simulcast onto the analog system? I was briefly picking something up on 33584, which I have as Troop B's Patrol 1.

I didn't think Troop B was simulcast onto the SmartZone system.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if all of the Troop B analog sites are still active, but some are. I was out in Springfield in mid October and heard a pursuit on I-91. I heard it first on the digital trunk, then heard some of it on the Troop B analog.

From the audio tone of the mobile unit, he was operating analog and it the traffic was being cross patched to the digital system.

On a side note. There shouldn't be any MSP traffic on the 700 Mhz overlay. That's supposed to be for Zone 1 traffic. Originally there was MSP traffic there, but it's supposedly no longer happening. I haven't heard any MSP traffic in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.