Cleveland PD Feed - Listening to what you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFAndy

Hey everyone I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I had a question about the live audio on broadcastify for the Cleveland Police Dispatch, Brook Park and SW Suburbs Police and Fire feed. My 396XT has a bad speaker so Ive been using my phone to listen. I recently asked the Admins if there was a way to split that feed up into two different feeds. Its hard to listen to any of the suburb departments when they share a feed with cpd who are always talking. I know this may seem picky but its something ive always wanted to request. Anyways here is the response i got back

All of the feeds on Broadcastify.com are provided by volunteers. The only way a new feed (covering a new area or containing additional agencies) can be added is if someone in that area volunteers to provide a feed using their own computer or scanner radio.

So with that here I am. I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way and would like to help get the correct info together to submit and maybe they can make the change. Thanks in advance.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
Andy,

RR/Broadcastify doesn't have any control over how feeds are set up. If you feel a feed needs to be tweaked in some way, the best option is to contact the feed provider directly. You can do this with the "Report a Problem" button on the feed's Broadcastify page.

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
Hey everyone I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I had a question about the live audio on broadcastify for the Cleveland Police Dispatch, Brook Park and SW Suburbs Police and Fire feed. My 396XT has a bad speaker so Ive been using my phone to listen. I recently asked the Admins if there was a way to split that feed up into two different feeds. Its hard to listen to any of the suburb departments when they share a feed with cpd who are always talking. I know this may seem picky but its something ive always wanted to request. Anyways here is the response i got back

All of the feeds on Broadcastify.com are provided by volunteers. The only way a new feed (covering a new area or containing additional agencies) can be added is if someone in that area volunteers to provide a feed using their own computer or scanner radio.

So with that here I am. I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way and would like to help get the correct info together to submit and maybe they can make the change. Thanks in advance.

Andy,

Not sure what you are looking to achieve here.

What the Admins are trying to explain is that the feed you you are interested in is provided by a volunteer from their personal scanner and computer. That person has on their scanner what they want to monitor, and they are nice enough to share it with anyone else that may want to listen to the same. Broadcastify.com does not direct these volunteers to what they must stream or how it should be configured.

I provide a stream for Broadcastify.com. I do this so that I can use Broadcastify.com to hear my scanner at home when I am out and about. In turn, anyone else that wishes to listen to what I listen to can. On occasion, somebody IMs me requesting that I add another agency to my list because they would like to hear them. I politely tell them that I am already monitoring the things I prefer to hear. They can either accept what I share or listen to another stream.

If you are looking to get the stream provider to change what they prefer to monitor and the way they have it configured so it's better for your enjoyment, I'm thinking that is not going to happen. ...but you will need to ask the individual feed provider, not the Broadcastify.com Admins. It might be easier for you to get an external speaker until you can get your 396 speaker repaired.

If you are looking for assistance on how to provide a feed from your scanner and your computer so you can configure it to your preferences, we can help. There are very good instructions on this website, as well. Maybe if other folks agree with your feed configuration, they then can benefit by listening to yours.

Hope that helps

Bill L.

FFAndy

Thanks for the responses. So if i am understanding this right i can submit a feed that I would loke to listen to and they can add that to the list of feeds on the site? lol I dont want to complicate things for anyone. I just like to listen to the Suburbs when they have things going on while i am out and not at home. Its not easy to hear bc CPD is always talking. For example UPS had a big fire the other day and my part time department went. I was out to dinner when i got the call back for station coverage. I tuned into the feed thats up now and CPD kept cutting off all the traffic from the fire.
So i guess i was requesting to have two seperate feeds. I dont expect someone to change a feed that they submitted that they enjoy. I didnt know thats how that site worked.

Nasby

You could also consider being a feed provider yourself by setting up your XT with the broken speaker with only the stuff that interests you.

Then you could tune in with your phone App no matter where you are.

I do that with my feed. I broadcast only what interests me.

If others want to listen, that's great too!!

I can take a 2 week vacation to Florida and sit on the beach listening to my hometown PD and FD without some other agency interrupting.

Last edited:

radios4bill

Listening to what you want.

If you want to listen to just one city you can set your computer and scanner up at home and sigh up for "NO IP.COM" and you can direct your mobile device to that it and have your own link. Bill

FFAndy

See now this opens up something new to me. Im dont mean to be a bother lol. So I can take the channels i have already on my XP and hear them on an app? Can you guys direct me on how to do this? Ill try to figure it out in the mean time and see where i get.

I plan on getting my scanner fixed sometime in the near future. I Just have to either buy a new speaker and have my buddy install it or ship it to Uniden.

Nasby

There's a section in the audio provider forum and in the Wiki that gives a step by step guide on setting up a live scanner feed of your own.

It's really pretty easy. And you send the audio via the speaker jack to your computer so your blown speaker won't have any bearing it.

FFAndy

There's a section in the audio provider forum and in the Wiki that gives a step by step guide on setting up a live scanner feed of your own.

It's really pretty easy. And you send the audio via the speaker jack to your computer so your blown speaker won't have any bearing it.

Is this for premium users only?

Nasby

No.
But the nice thing is if you set up a feed through RR, you become a premium member!
How about that?!

an39511

I am the volunteer of the Cleveland feed and your suggestion for splitting the feed is a good one. The problem is the cost of the new equipment. I already have a a fair amount money dedicated to the project plus the monthly cost keeping it going 24/7. When I originally purchased the scanner my intention was to be able to remotely control it for targeted monitoring but that plan appears to be tabled for the time being. If I can find used equipment at a low cost that is capable of receiving P25 simulcast without a high level of simulcast distortion I will do it but right now the cost of another radio, feed line and another specialized antenna, it is just too costly.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
New thread created

This was somewhat off topic for the Cleveland system thread so has been moved to a separate thread.

ibagli

If you feel a feed needs to be tweaked in some way, the best option is to contact the feed provider directly. You can do this with the "Report a Problem" button on the feed's Broadcastify page.

Please do not use the "report a problem" function to do anything other than report a problem, i.e. a situation where the feed is not working as intended. A listener wanting the feed to be something else is not a problem at the feed provider's end.

FFAndy

Hello everyone! Thanks for all the feed back! So if im understanding this right i can submit my own feed to RR to listen to? So if I want my feed to be just the SW suburbs and not include Cleveland PD i will be able to do that and it wont be considered a duplicate feed? Also can someone post the link to the page where I go to submit a feed. Thanks you all for working with me and helping out!

FFAndy

I did download the scannercast software but it wont let me log in. I entered the same name I use to log in on here to post on the forum but it wont let me log into the program

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I did download the scannercast software but it wont let me log in. I entered the same name I use to log in on here to post on the forum but it wont let me log into the program

You have to submit a feed and be approved before you can do anything. There's a lot of technical stuff behind the scenes to a feed than just a user name and password.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Your posts all sound confusing to me.

Are you trying to start hosting your own feed?

Or do you want someone else to host a particular feed? It sounds like this - if so , good luck.

FFAndy

It started out I was wondering if the Cleveland PD and SW suburbs feed on my scanner app could be divided into two separate groups. One being Cleveland pd and the other being just suburb fire departments. So from what I understand i can submit my own feed that just contains the suburbs that I will be able to listen to on my phone. So I just submitted my request for a feed and im waiting to see what happens. Im sorry I dont mean to be confusing. Im just kind of confused on this entire process myself. Thanks for being patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.