BCT15X: Digital??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wisconsinjimmy

Premium Subscriber
Is this scanner digital what I am looking for a low cost digital scanner and reading the info on it I see it is GPS capable as well as computer capable. I did have the 996XT but to complicated and was thinking about and still am the home patrol but jeez I live in the toolies I doubt if I can get airplane chatter or railroad.
Help me out o you Pro's
Jim 8°F

mancow

Database Admin
The 15 series are analog only.

Yes, you should be able to hear aircraft with no issue and likely rail if they are reasonably close.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It does not do digital. Just trunked analog.

You'd need a HP, x96, or x36 series scanner to do digital stuff. None of them are really "low cost".

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
With one exception, Uniden scanners that are digital capable will have a "D" somewhere in the model number. BC796D, BCD396XT, BCD536HP, etc. If it is not digital capable, it won't have that "D" somewhere in the model number.

The exception is the Home Patrol series (HP1/HP2) which are digital capable, but do not have that "D" in the model number.

larry308

The Whistler WS1080 (Handheld) is good . I have both the Uniden BCD438HP and the WS1080. I prefer the 1080 for ease of use. Beside Whistler back up it's radios.

Larry

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Home Patrol 1 or 2 is a pretty easy scanner.

Worst...scanners....ever.

Ive never wanted to smash something as bad as that hunk of junk.

Wow, for being the worst.scanner.ever., it's hard to imagine it being Uniden's best selling scanner ever.

Quite a few people, myself included, must feel differently than you do.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.