SAFE-T P25 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK, hope an IN Mod sees it, and sticks it.

First post: I will be adding an listing of sites, and P25 tg's in the next few days! Sites will be official numbering, and CC's. TG's will be official per codeplugs. Do not ask how I have the data, just enjoy the info guys n gals!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OK started adding the sites, numbered per IPSC's listings. I will try to add a few each day until my list is completed, then will start on the TG's. It looks like Zone 1 is Central to top of the state, and 2 is Central to KY line.

SCPD

QRT
Yes zone 1 Indianapolis controller is from Indy North to state line and Zone 2 Bloomington Controller is for south to state line for the new P25 system Thanks for your hard work on the RR DB

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
2016. Conversions of the existing SAFE-T sites in the 6 phase process should be complete by late 2015, and build out of new sites & conversions of other local systems to SAFE-T P25 during 2015/2016. Everyone that uses SAFE-T now should be on by 2016, and new additions should be on by 2017 with other local systems that are on EDACS and Smart Zones that are holding out til last minute to upgrade/convert happening 2017/2018.

SCPD

QRT
Some users will be on in early 2015 and slowly added on so you will need to have both systems in your scanner for all of 2015 there will be users on both for a long time this will not be a one time every one switches over at once. Right now goal is to have every one on by end of 2016 and by that time going into 2017 maybe P25 phase 2 in 2017 but its a long ways off for all of it and still changes being made should be hearing some users on the Indy site in early 2015 if all goes to plan. However you will hear testing on there now

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Indy first site number will change after the zone really comes online. At least that's the data I get, and what the codeplug is showing. Unless of course they need to make changes and another codeplug comes out. If that happens, then we will just change the site numbers etc when we get them found.

For those of us running scanners like the PRO-96, trying to monitor both will be interesting if you monitor multiple sites.... You may have to cut the number of sites down so you can double up. Win96 or ARC96 will be essential for this! Remember, for the original SAFE-T, rebanded, 3600 Motorola, for the upgraded P25, all you have to do is set it Motorola 9600. Also important note: The simulcast sites will be LSM, so monitoring them will become not so happy anymore. I never had any issues with the simulcasts on the original system, but P25 LSM's.... Due to my range from the ones I pick up very good, I shouldn't have any multipath distortions as I only get one of the towers off those sites, but those closer to them... Be ready to play around to get best results. Those using the BCD436/536HP's.... Should have best results. Anyone with the new WS's play around with the multiple settings on the ADG....

Last edited by a moderator:

Dispatch2323

I'm not sure if it is related but I did hear a couple of units advise today on Dist 52 Dispatch they would be out trading out radios.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Another thing I am seeing with the TG assignments.... They are divided by Zone. 1XXXX is Zone 1, 2XXXX is Zone 2... I am wondering if they will rename the SWMA's accordingly, and have the first 5 which are Zone 1 TG's become Zone 1 Calling - Z1MA 4, and the second 5 which are Zone 2 TG's become Zone 2 Calling - Z2MA 4??? Also, all regional MA's now have 4 TG's assigned, whereas with the legacy system, most had 3 analogs' with a few getting an 4th digital. Also makes me wonder if maybe they will make 1 or 2 of these encrypted, like X-MA 3/4??? Also noticing that Hamilton county has some assigned still on the P25 SAFE-T, from the listing, close to whats there now, with one or two differences. I am going to list everything in my listing, with the following notation: Some Counties/Municipalities/Agencies have made changes to their exact usages of their assigned talk groups without notifying IPSC, thus the initial listings may not reflect current usages. If you have more accurate data for the TG's I list, please submit it through the usual submissions system.

Last edited by a moderator:

SCPD

QRT
I would hold off posting to many TG other than testing just yet a lot of changes from what I have heard

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Ipsc web site was showing a big change in the MA regions. D42 for example would become K and L from the current M,N and K.

Jeff.

nsrailfan6130

Question

Would a PSR 500 support this new system that's coming online? I ask because I monitor traffic in the NE portion of the state (Particularly some of the border counties to Michigan. Thanks for any info. I'm saving up for a P25-P2 (Project 25 Phase II) radio, but, would like to know if said radio will work for the meanwhile. Thanks!

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes, as the system is only going to P25 Phase 1 at the current time. (FDMA)... It is capable of an easy switch to Phase 2 (TDMA), but that is in the future, possibly by 2020?
By the time they up to Phase 2, you would probably have an capable scanner.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I will finish up adding the sites in my listings this weekend. Keep in mind, there will be a few new constructed over the next year, as well as a few municipal/county systems converting over to SAFE-T P25 as well. (EDACS/SmartZone's) This process will continue throughout the life of the system, as well as possible upgrades to Phase 2 after 2020ish.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I kinda fell behind due to being busy otherwise. Will finish up the south zone tomorrow, and start on getting the north zone worked in. Everyone down south in Phase 1 area of the cutover, please start looking for P25 CC's over the next couple of months.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Zone 1, is the northern half of the state. Zone 2 is the southern half. Zone 2 is being brought online first, then Zone 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.