Odd Radio System Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPerk

I Have been monitoring Hanover P25 System over past week and listing to King William, and I currently reside in King William and I use my BC436HP to listen and I have notice in week or so where I hear ONE sided stuff, is it like the TX and RX on different TG or frequency like tonight hear KWSO dispatch say they had kids hanging out somewhere and needed go check things out, I didn't hear dispatch say what unit they were calling I just heared the call , it like this sometimes but most often I hear everything, Just seeing if anyone else has notice this...

nfc2014

Premium Subscriber
I listen to Hanover a lot and have not noticed what you are hearing.How does your scanner recieve in your part of King William.I have a Uniden 396T and reception of Hanover system gets very choppy not very far into your county.Are they going to erect any towers in King William and if so have you heard how many.I was hoping Caroline and New Kent would partner with Hanover and King William but from i have been hearing Caroline is going with its own Phase2 system and there is talk of New Kent going with James City/York/Williamsburg.If New Kent goes that direction I sure hope they do not encrypt all their Law enforcement channels.With all this talk of encryption coming to the Central Va area is the reason I do not upgrade from my 10 year old 396T scanner.Can not see spending 500 dollars on a scanner that would be an expensive door stop.

Herodog

Cperk it depends who's working dispatch king William has some dispatchers that will send the call half and half this means that they talk to each other by text or by email if you hear units 206, 211, sect this is when you hear kw like you are talking about but they have to put some type of radio call . for last night kids was hanging out at fast mart the reason you did here the whole radio call is becasuse the unit was was responding from court house hope this helps

Herodog

Also for the tower ? One tower at 120 ft is going to be built at court house and a repeater will be put on the old analog tower of state police at the arean3 office to cover west point and lower end of county. So the answer to your ? Is 2 towers for now. The one at the court house might help some for the upper end but the radio text told king will for full county cov. It has to be built at 195 ft board of suprvisers turned that down and stuck with 120 ft hope this helps

CPerk

Cperk it depends who's working dispatch king William has some dispatchers that will send the call half and half this means that they talk to each other by text or by email if you hear units 206, 211, sect this is when you hear kw like you are talking about but they have to put some type of radio call . for last night kids was hanging out at fast mart the reason you did here the whole radio call is becasuse the unit was was responding from court house hope this helps

Well the signal is very spotty still but I can make out what dispatch is saying then signal fades but I can make out about half what they are saying , which is still a plus to me since my Pro 106 couldn't pick up the signal at all, and I heard the call for the kids hanging out and that made me question since I heard all the call there and most the time it only half of the call and I hope once they install the towers the signal should be improved HOPEFULLY.... and what tower are we actually running off for our side of the system? and why would they shut down a 195' tower to help them? I guess your guess is good as mine and you think the 120' will help in the area of 611 and 600 areas where the signal tends to fade more . and exactly when towers be up?? and with them being new license for 799 MHz seems like they doing something different with the system... if any changes or anything new please let me know.. thanks

Herodog

The towers we that's covers king William are old church road behind west store and the next. Tower in on George town road off 301 near George town school. They are on king William line and do not no why they turned down the 195ft tower money I guess and I hope 120ft tower will help I live in upper end of the county my self. And as far as the 700mhz I think I said this awhile back all port radios in king William are 700 MHz now and have been from day one no change will happen hope this helps

Herodog

When the tower going to be up your guess is good as mine it been almost 2 years now since they got on hangovers system and like I said they are putting in towers for porable radios only the cars have not dead spots just portables that'swhy they put in for the 700 mhzMHz llicense all hand held radios king William and Hanover are 700 MHz on transmit and receive on 800mhz I no this because my work radio is on hanovers system and its portable and the tech told me that hope this helps

CPerk

HeroDog:

Well I know one thing right now I can make out what they are saying but signal still little jumpy at times but hope lets hope the best when tower gets bulid and signal improves , it should tho at least right? I think me and you live not far apart tho but I am same live Northen end of county and will this new 700mhz license effect anything to listen or anything like montoring .. and have you found any new TG's lately? I haven't yet even tho I work lot but I try to carry radio or scan at night at times, and for where the current towers for KW are located thats a pretty good distance , but have to think in a factor you and I know motorola radios are reciving things good, it's just the scanners are having issues. but tower or towers need be set up like soon so I can test the signal... keep us posted if find anything else out

Status
Not open for further replies.