Houston County / Warner Robins - Police Codes and Signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE4VE

Does anyone have a list of the police codes, signals or status codes that anyone in the Houston County, GA area uses? I know, normally, that they just use standard English but here lately I have noticed that they are starting to use more of the "codes" or "signals". Or maybe just the "status" codes.
I've searched everywhere and couldn't find anything that touches on this topic. The closest I could find was Macon/Bibb area codes but they don't use the "Status codes" that Houston County and Warner Robins use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Historically, "codes" are "Statuses" in Georgia.

Like "Status 7" (AKA "Code 7") would mean a citation, "Status 8" (AKA "Code 8") would be a warning, etc.

This is historically what I have observed, but this could very well be different in other areas.

Signals are *usually standardized as well, like Signal 30 drunk driver, etc., but there are openings in them that different agencies use differently.

Remember Bandit and Snowman talking about taking a 10-100? ha ha, "better than a 10-200"

AE4VE

Yeah... obviously I'm not too knowledgeable about this topic. Haha.
All i know is that i enjoy listening to my scanner and for the most part, Houston County, Warner Robins, Perry, Centerville, etc., all just use standard English while communicating. But when they use the "Stat 4" or "Status 3" lingo, for example, i have no clue what they mean and it would be nice to have that information to be able to keep up with the conversation.
So, if anyone knows the list of status codes and/or signal codes they use in this area, I would greatly appreciate it if you would post it here or send it to me via private message or email.
Or if anyone knows where I could find this information, that would be great also.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Radio1592

Not familiar with what Houston County uses, but in reference to the stat codes, I know Coffee Co used to use the following ones:

STAT 1 Gone on arrival
STAT 2 Unfound
STAT 3 No action taken
STAT 4 Misc. report
STAT 5 Incident report
STAT 6 Accident report
STAT 7 Citation issued
STAT 8 Warning issued

AE4VE

Thank you, firejunknetwork, for the info.

Can anyone confirm if these stat codes (posted above) are the stat codes that are used in Houston County or Warner Robins, GA?

Also, while listening to the scanner yesterday, I noticed that dispatch used the phrase "Code 3". Is "Code 3" the same as saying "Stat 3"? Or is that a different code all together?
Again, any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

AE4VE

I found these status codes for Cobb County, GA.
Can anyone confirm if these are used anywhere in the middle Georgia area? Specifically for Houston County or Warner Robins?

STAT 1 Emergency Response
STAT 2 Immediate Response
STAT 3 Routine Response
STAT 4 All Clear
STAT 5 Out Of Vehicle
STAT 5M Lunch
STAT 6 Unable To Locate
STAT 7 Request Backup
STAT 8 En Route To Follow-up
STAT 9 On Surveilance
STAT 10 Request Detective
STAT 11 Gone on Arrival
STAT 12 Unfounded
STAT 13 No Action Taken
STAT 14 Misc. Incident Report
STAT 15 Incident Report
STAT 16 Accident Report
STAT 17 Traffic Citation Issued
STAT 18 Traffic Warning
STAT 19 Referred to Detectives
STAT 20 Wanted Person
STAT 21 On Scene

I also found these "Georgia Codes"

Code 2. Lights/Siren (until in the area)
Code 3. Emergency
Code 4. Routine Transfer
Code 5. EMT Discretion (traffic conditions/weather)
Code 6. Hospital Admission

These codes, obviously, sound primarily focused towards EMT but are they used for Law Enforcement as well?
Also, if someone could confirm if they are used in Houston County/Warner Robins, GA, that would be awesome.
Thank you.

AE4VE

Someone here must know...
I don't have any local law enforcement in my family to ask and, if asked, I doubt an officer would take the time to give me this information.

N8IAA

Someone here must know...
I don't have any local law enforcement in my family to ask and, if asked, I doubt an officer would take the time to give me this information.

One of the fun things I like about scanning, is that figuring out stuff like codes, signals, and status, is why I listen to scanners:)
When I started, everything was in the clear. 10-4's, 10-8's, etc., were pretty obvious.
Wouldn't want to presume that what Cobb uses, will work with Houston.
Research the Georgia State Patrol codes and signals. They are commonly used and amended for other agencies to use.
Larry

monte77

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to Houston County for forty years and firejunknetwork has it about right. I can only add STAT 9 Turned over to _ _ _. Code 3 to me means to run with lights/siren. I have heard "Run Code" which to me means the same thing. EMT's will use Code 1 which is a Routine Call and it is used a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.