SAFD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
You can hear the SAFD and SAPD on the SAUA system. I hear SAPD more then I hear SAFD. I haven't heard SAFD in about a month. I hear SAPD every day. They are not using the SAUA system full time yet. You never know what you will hear on the SAUA system.

Don

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yeah everything is still patched from the ProVoice system. And it is a gamble what will be patched and when. I think down the road when San Antonio goes P25 the SAUA system will be Incorporated with the current system sites. But that will not be for couple years.

scrotumola

I was told that someone with an APX would have to be monitoring (ie parked & affiliated) on the assigned talkgroup in order for it to being carried on SAUA. Every once in a while the dispatch channel is carried, but whoever has their radio on dispatch doesn't follow any of the fireground/tac channels. I presume when this party turns the radio off or changes talkgroups, the subscription and patch carrying the SAFD/EMS dispatch channel is then released.

I have also been told that SAPD's provoice days are numbered, with gradual operations shifting to SAUA soon.

~S~

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
SAUA sounds good but I noticed some coverage gaps far North up 281 and the I 10 area

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
I have also been told that SAPD's provoice days are numbered, with gradual operations shifting to SAUA soon.
Heard a dirty rumor a few weeks ago that SA City is putting out a RFP and going for bids on a new system. Motorola might make a go at it. Either way, if that comes to pass it would add a year or two to transitioning off of the EDACS system.

jbsarandolphmonitor

Air band monitoring JBSA-Randolph
New Motorola systems are not very scanner friendly I have heard. Scanners don't work very good with simulcast systems. They also use LSM and CQPSK modes. I am guessing that The system would also be phase II. I am not a fan of Phase II systems. I don't like how Phase II systems sound. I hope it is not 100% encrypted.

Don

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
It is still very early on, and Harris may still do there P25 system. A lot of the SAPD Detectives and SWAT have and have been getting the newer XG-75 model radios that can do P25 and Provoice so you never know. Plus BCSO uses the new multi-mode radios from Harris as well.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Yeah program them all and see what site is the strongest from your location. And remember sometimes you can good amount of time without hearing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.