ORION OPD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fields2grand

Often times I'll hear dispatch request an officer to go to "another channel" for an assignment.
Are they moving to the Event Channels?
On a side note, has anyone ever heard any activity on the Narcotics channels?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have heard rumors that precincts will start using encrypted talk groups more in the near future. The precinct encrypted talkgroups have not been identified yet, so we can use everyone's help to ID. If you hear an OPD dispatcher say "switch to channel X", pay attention to Radio IDs, and encrypted talkgroups that become active with the same Radio ID. Even though we can't monitor encrypted talkgroups, it is good info to have documented. Please submit any new information that you find.

Narcotics channels are encrypted and are listed in the DB. I'm not sure how active they are.

Quite often I hear a dispatcher tell a car to switch to a different channel because the other precinct might be busy with a lot of calls and need an extra car for a call or assistance. Example- A southeast dispatcher will tell a southeast car to switch to northeast dispatch for an assignment. Omaha has four precincts- southeast, northeast, northwest, southwest. I think Dodge street separates the northeast, northwest precincts from the southwest, southeast precincts. 42nd street or maybe 48th street? separate the northeast, southeast precincts from the northwest, southwest precincts. Hopes this helps any

jay

Last edited:

ORION_NE

Premium Subscriber
The dispatcher can "barrow" cars from other precincts for priority 1 and 2 calls that are being held or for assistance, ie back up, DV camera, alco, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.