BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfer18

Bct15x

I've looked at a lot on internet and can't seem to find what I'm looking for
I just want to put in scanning numbers that I have and can't figure out how to get started

Blackink

Try this for starters.....

Can you tell me on there where it explains how to put numbers in? Please

You can try these steps below but a warning: Some of the frequencies in the State-by-State set-up are outdated, but it should get you up and running as some of the frequencies may still be active in your state.

Here's a little explanation from the "Easier to Read Manual" mentioned earlier:

State-by-State Scanning
The BCT15X comes preprogrammed with many of the channels used by local police, department of transportation, and highway patrol agencies, organized by state. You can also assign a state to the systems you program so that they can be included in State-by-State scanning.
Selecting your State

To select your state, tap FUNCTION (the scroll knob) then tap the Volume control. Rotate the scroll knob to select your state, then press E to make your selection. The scanner unlocks any systems you have set to the selected state, locks out systems that are set to a different state, and uses the current state preprogrammed data during state-by-state scanning.

Using the Built-In State-by-State Agencies
To use the built-in State-by-State agencies, repeatedly tap DOT/POL/PRI and (Bear Paw)/HP/ALT until the desired agency type's icon shows in the bottom row of the display:
PL — Local Police
DT — Department of Transportation
HP — Highway Patrol
BT — BearTracker Warning System
After scanning your programmed systems, the BCT15X will scan the enabled state-by-state agencies, then resume scanning your programmed systems.

To stop State-by-State scanning, repeat the above until all four icons are turned off.

I hope this helps some....

Entering actual frequencies requires a bit more than what I just posted. I'm not familiar with how to add Trunked frequencies, as I have FreeSCAN software do it and the fact that I don't really listen to them much, but I am familiar with entering convention frequencies into my scanner, that is fairly easy, once you've done it.

Last edited:

Golfer18

Help

Can anyone tell me step by step how to set it up so I can put in numbers from my location. I have 20 numbers from my old scanner of mine that I would like to put in the new one.

Blackink

Can anyone tell me step by step how to set it up so I can put in numbers from my location. I have 20 numbers from my old scanner of mine that I would like to put in the new one.

Are the "numbers" you're talking about conventional frequencies?

If your not sure, please post one of the "numbers" in a reply back to me.

wtp

the guys here

find it easier to help if they know what system you are trying to hear.
it could be that the system is digital and you can't hear anything.
and yes the radio are not as simple as put in a crystal or type a number anymore.

Blackink

And if you can send me a private message with you email address, I'll email you step by step instructions on getting those 20 frequencies programmed into your scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.