Tacoma/puyallup dual system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can anyone confirm the Tacoma/Puyallup system now has a Phase II counterpart with system ID 03AC and is using rebanded frequencies 857.1125c 856.5625c 855.6875 855.0375 854.7625 852.9875
Carrying DuPont pd and public works talkgroups?

Grego

Premium Subscriber
I listened to it last night and only heard Lakewood dispatch, records and the tac channels. No Tacoma which uses the South Sound 911.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Tacoma fire and Lakewood PD have been switched to their new digital system as of last week, but are still simulcasting on the old system also for now, but that will go away soon. I suspect when the tech's get these departments squared away the will start the Tacoma PD swithch-over. The new system is published on the RR database (with a few talkgroups) as TACOMA/PUYALLUP PSRN. It is P25 Phase 2 TDMA, so we all know what that means.
As a point of interest, tac fire and lakewood sound great here in town and i took my PSR800 with a R/S 800mhz rubber duck to olympia and heard all traffic on both departments like i was sitting on the tower.

An earlier poster had said he was hearing traffic on the new system on lakewood tac-1 can you submit that talkgroup to the forum so it can be published?
Maybe the earlier poster who could not hear the system was not using a PSR800, Whistler 1080 or a Uniden 436 or 536 as they are the only radios that will decode this new system.

If anyone is looking for a good deal on a Whistler 1080, i found a credible radio shop in florida advertising on EBAY for sealed new radios for $414 and free ship, with the "make offer" option. I offered $400 free ship and he took it. best price i have found.

wolfe27

Uniden BCD436HP

Anyone know how to program new Tacoma system into scanner? as Uniden hasn't issued firmware update with it yet and still learning scanner.

kc1028

TPD Scan

Have listened to TPD for years and it suddenly went. I figured they may have gone to the new SS911.
Now I take it I need to replace my old 246T. Will the new Home Patrol pick these up? It looked like it would be easier since it claims you just put in your zip code?
Thanks, miss being able to hear this.

Tacoma fire and Lakewood PD have been switched to their new digital system as of last week, but are still simulcasting on the old system also for now, but that will go away soon. I suspect when the tech's get these departments squared away the will start the Tacoma PD swithch-over. The new system is published on the RR database (with a few talkgroups) as TACOMA/PUYALLUP PSRN. It is P25 Phase 2 TDMA, so we all know what that means.
As a point of interest, tac fire and lakewood sound great here in town and i took my PSR800 with a R/S 800mhz rubber duck to olympia and heard all traffic on both departments like i was sitting on the tower.

An earlier poster had said he was hearing traffic on the new system on lakewood tac-1 can you submit that talkgroup to the forum so it can be published?
Maybe the earlier poster who could not hear the system was not using a PSR800, Whistler 1080 or a Uniden 436 or 536 as they are the only radios that will decode this new system.

If anyone is looking for a good deal on a Whistler 1080, i found a credible radio shop in florida advertising on EBAY for sealed new radios for $414 and free ship, with the "make offer" option. I offered $400 free ship and he took it. best price i have found.

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
Kc, sad but true, TPD has done the switch-over to the new "Tacoma/Puyallup PSRS" system which can be found in the Pierce County systems section of the R/R database. I posted TPD north and south talkgroups
today. I posted Tacoma fire and Lakewood pd talkgroups last week. Lakewood Dispatch includes Steilacoom and Dupont PD's also and Tacoma Fire is still dispatching for Central Pierce fire until May when they move
to the SS911 system. Word has it that Fife and Milton are deciding which system to join. Also bad news for us avid TPD-LPD listeners, ALL of the Tac channels for both PD's are encrypted, so we can now only listen to the dispatch channels. Fire still has open OP's channels, and this system sounds so phenominal that you
can plainly hear a firefighter, inside a burning building, on a mic inside his helmet. You cannot tell if a cop is on a portable or a mobile,,,amazing.
Now for the second part of your question, I first bought a home-patrol and found it very poor in all areas, just not even close to being user freindly, (I started listening on a dial Hallicrafters in 1965 that i built myself)
and i almost gave up scanning with the home-patrol which i sold. I now have a whistler 1080, and a uniden
bcd436 which will be going away shortly when my second Whistler 1080 arrives in a few days,, This is all
personal preference only but in comparison the 1080 is a far easier radio to use and has FAR superior audio
for the stations WE listen to. Right now i'm listening to TPD, TFD,LPD, WSP Tacoma, and Pierce County Sheriff in South Tacoma, on the Whistler using a 800mhz radioshack rubber duck. I took it to Olympia and it still was loud and clear there and in the car. Also as a point of interest, if you were to choose the 1080, if you call their customer service dept and ask for Sheri, the have a promotion where they will buy your old scanners applied to your new one. Remember, both SS911 and PSRS need a P-25 phase 2 TDMA scanner, good luck, mac

kc1028

Thanks for the help. I was wanting to make sure before I ordered a digital machine. I noticed the county had gone a while ago and was afraid the city would too. Looks like time to buy a new one. Guess I can’t complain as the 246’s I have were bought a VERY long time ago. On a couple of them the buttons can’t be read any more from so many years of being carried in a pocket. The County and City PD is all I have ever listened too. Guess it will be nice to be able to hear State Patrol too while at work.
Have a few of the RS 800MgHz antenna’s. I take it from your post that these work better for the digital too? If so that’s fine as I already have them.
Thanks again, will be ordering a new scanner!

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
If you do go with the whistler I have the channels all loaded in the software program, so let me know and i can throw the laptop in the car when i'm out and about, and we can meet up and have yours programmed and ready to go in 5 minutes,,,mac

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Just a update here like I said before if you have a scanner that gets free updates, that happens on Mondays so any updates in between will not show up till the next Monday. Most free updates work this way.

kc1028

If you do go with the whistler I have the channels all loaded in the software program, so let me know and i can throw the laptop in the car when i'm out and about, and we can meet up and have yours programmed and ready to go in 5 minutes,,,mac
Thanks. Since I was spending close to 5 bills I did a LOT of reading. After reading here and on Amazon I decided to go with the new HP hand held. Hope I don&#8217;t regret it <G> I know Wife will not be thrilled. Have 3 working 246&#8217;s. Hopefully can get a little back out of them on ebay to ease the cost. <G> As long as I can get the TPD, LPD and PCS in there I will be happy. Never have much cared about the rest. I&#8217;m sure if it is a struggle I can get some help here. I should have just checked here a while back. When the County first vanished I had read about the new SS911. Ordered a BC396. Spent a while and could not get it to work, finally just sent it back. Now I see why. They really should mention that they will not work with the P25 PH II so people don&#8217;t waste their time. Anyway the new unit will be here Sunday so will be interesting to see how hard it is to get it going. <G>

dpm3

Signal but no audio

I've programmed the Tacoma Puyallup PSRS P25 system and talkgroups into my WS-1080. The radio stops and holds on talkgroups, but I get no audio. Is it possible that they are encrypting all the audio; or have I mis-programmed something in the system settings?

dpm3

Still no audio - any help?

OK, I'm still not getting any audio when my WS-1080 stops on the Tacoma PD (or any other) channels on the "new" Tacoma/Puyallup PSRS P25 system. My settings for this system are as follows: System Type = Project 25, ATT = Off, ABst = UNchecked, Voice = Digital, AGC = Off. My radio stops and holds on the patrol and records channels but there is no audible audio through the speaker. If there is anyone else out there with a WS-1080 (or any other receiver for that matter) who can hear the Tacoma PD on this system and might suggest what might enable the audio I'd appreciate their advice.

kc1028

OK, I'm still not getting any audio when my WS-1080 stops on the Tacoma PD (or any other) channels on the "new" Tacoma/Puyallup PSRS P25 system. My settings for this system are as follows: System Type = Project 25, ATT = Off, ABst = UNchecked, Voice = Digital, AGC = Off. My radio stops and holds on the patrol and records channels but there is no audible audio through the speaker. If there is anyone else out there with a WS-1080 (or any other receiver for that matter) who can hear the Tacoma PD on this system and might suggest what might enable the audio I'd appreciate their advice.
Sadly I am finding the same thing with mine. Got the new HP today and after a couple hours the same thing. Can get nothing from the TPD. About ready to box it back up and give up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.