St. Louis Tones - Fire / NOAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjvalenta

Premium Subscriber
hello all -

I recently came across a Systems Saber, and as I understand it, I can configure it to open with the right Quick-Call II tones... i may be completely off, but i would think these are the same as the tones used for fire calls and also with NOAA radio.

and please, correct me if i'm incorrect and help me understand as to why so i can learn.

otherwise - does anyone have a chart of tones for each fire house or department and so on? i'd like to try and set this up, and possibly do the same with the NOAA broadcast to do the same.

if that's not available, anyone have any ideas on how to find out the tones, or how to figure them out myself?

thanks

Hi!

You might have better luck if you posted in the Motorola forum. We use different forums like folders for various topics.

Anyway, NOAA weather broadcasts a 1050 Hz tone for 10 seconds. If you could program a single tone decode for 1050 Hz, then your radio will open to EVERY weather event they transmit it on. And, yes, your alert would sound like it were decoding fire Quick-Call II.

Having had a pre-SAME weather radio, I can tell you that you won't be getting a lot of sleep on nights where there are lines of thunderstorms sweeping through a given area. I traded up to SAME radios and only had one county to the west, one county to the southwest, and my county programmed in. It was more peaceful that way.

Good luck and maybe a moderator can move your post to the Motorola forum so you can get specific instructions. It's been at least 22 years since I've programmed a Systems Saber, so I can't give you much advice on exactly how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.