Westmoreland ICORRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat

Premium Subscriber
Checking tower connectivity with these other counties coming online using Pro96Com, Under site information
I ran several towers and where it shows they are connected, right below this it states flavor Phase 2
Question is is the system phase 2 or 1 ?????

Voyager

Phase I. Phase II is supported, but is not in use yet.
(VHF is supported too, as you likely see)

druhe

Premium Subscriber
This thread got me curious about PRO96COM. So now I am seeing 762 mentioned. Does that mean ICORRS supports 762 also ?

talviar

This thread got me curious about PRO96COM. So now I am seeing 762 mentioned. Does that mean ICORRS supports 762 also ?

ICORRS supports whatever freq range the controller supports and whatever freq range the county elects to use as long as its in the range of what the controller supports.

That narrows it down to 136-174, 400-520, 700, 800 . . . . . . Pretty much almost anything is fair game. . . . . . . . . Presence or absence of available on the data channel doesn't really mean a whole lot. Remember the Motorola ASTRO 7.x controller is a very versatile controller and can do a lot of neat things. . . . . .

druhe

Premium Subscriber
ICORRS supports whatever freq range the controller supports and whatever freq range the county elects to use as long as its in the range of what the controller supports.

That narrows it down to 136-174, 400-520, 700, 800 . . . . . . Pretty much almost anything is fair game. . . . . . . . . Presence or absence of available on the data channel doesn't really mean a whole lot. Remember the Motorola ASTRO 7.x controller is a very versatile controller and can do a lot of neat things. . . . . .

Thanks Tony, Now that I have PRO96COM up and running it's going to take a little time to digest all this "new" information that I have access to.

Voyager

Yes. Always has. That's part of the 'stock' P25 package. Even VHF systems have that capability as far as the controller goes.

EMT1301

Premium Subscriber
This doesn't apply specifically to this thread, but I noticed that Westmoreland 911 has several FCC licenses in the "YE" radio service. I don't believe that these frequencies pertain to ICORRS, since they would have to be "YP" for trunking, correct? In addition, according to the emission designators for these channels, they are AM instead of FM? What system are these frequencies a part of? The licenses are: WQBM264, WQUQ854, WQUR217, WQUR218, WQUR221, WQUR345 and WQUR346.

Voyager

Only looked at the first two callsigns, but they are both for P25 LSM and are definitely part of their ICORRS zones (or sites as they are now called). YE is trunked as well. In fact, I believe Y(anything) is trunked.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
I noticed site 1 is still showing as phase 1. plus i can see radios affiliate on site 1 with fayette talkgroups however not hearing the audio passing through the site. If a fayette radio affiliates onto the westmoreland site then theoretically the audio for that talkgroup should be carried.

Voyager

Can't speak about Southwest, but the North & East zone is carrying audio. Heard them switching some EMS providers over earlier.

emt-firefighter123

Premium Subscriber
Would it be ok to purchase a phase 1 scanner? Since that is what ICORRS currently is. Or does anyone have info if or when they will go phase 2.

Voyager

A Phase II site is in testing at Motorola, so I would definitely "go Phase II". Even if you don't want to monitor that area, it's best to pay a little more now vs more later.

emt-firefighter123

Premium Subscriber
good to know, thanks. just courious. Is the current portables/mobiles used by first responders now in ICORRS able to do phase 2 or would that require all new purchases.

talviar

good to know, thanks. just courious. Is the current portables/mobiles used by first responders now in ICORRS able to do phase 2 or would that require all new purchases.
The answer is Yes.

Yes some responders have equipment able to do phase 2 with appropriate software flash, some responders have equipment that won't do phase 2.

Depends on what radio they are carrying.

emt-firefighter123

Premium Subscriber
What would the current usefulness of a phase I scanner on ICORRS be, 1 yr, 5 yr, unknown. 2nd question, living in middle of 2 tower sites, is directional antenna worth purchasing (simulcast issue)?

Voyager

If you want to monitor the site that will be on in a couple months, I would say a couple months. Otherwise, it could be several years. It all depends on what you want to monitor.

If you're right between them, a directional antenna may or may not work. I would try without first, then see if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.