Is MECC (Franklin County) Using Locution Systems’ CADVoice™

Status
Not open for further replies.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Locution's web page lists City of New Albany (Plain Twp), Ohio (MECC) on their Customer List. I don't recall ever hearing it over the air. I wonder if they are only using certain non-radio components or if this is coming in the future. Anyone heard anything, radio or scuttlebutt?

Last edited:

tk000

Feed Provider
Feed Provider
Having been in station 121 on one occasion, I can say that Plain definitely has a Locution computer voice coming over their PA. However, I don't know any of the details of their setup or how it all works with MECC.

jmag591

Locution Systems for Mecc

Mecc uses it for station Pa alerting only over IP, for Mifflin, Jefferson, Plain, Violet, Truro, Whitehall. They do not broadcast it over the radio since they did not purchase the interlink to do so.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Mecc uses it for station Pa alerting only over IP, for Mifflin, Jefferson, Plain, Violet, Truro, Whitehall. They do not broadcast it over the radio since they did not purchase the interlink to do so.

I figured that out after tk000 confirmed that he heard it over a station PA. That's what I meant by non-radio components.

Status
Not open for further replies.