who is this

Status
Not open for further replies.
while doing a search i keep getting a stop on 462.9500 you hear a computer voice saying a room number and location such as east west wing. thats it.

KB7MIB

That's MED 9 of the EMSCOM system, but one of the hospitals is using it for paging. Possibly connected to a bed alarm that patients can activate.

John
Peoria

Phoenix805

There was a thread on this very subject about a year or so ago. After much discussion I think it was agreed that it must be hospital paging, but no one could confirm that's what it was or where it was coming from. It was driving me crazy so I finally locked out the freq. I threatened to sit in some hospital parking lots for awhile and see if I could locate it, but I never did.

I had a fairly strong signal at my house, so I figured it wasn't too far from me, but I soon discovered I had fairly consistent/strong signal over most of the NW Valley, so I don't know.

KB7MIB

EMSCOM, once managed by DPS here in Arizona, is no longer used anyway, (at least not in the metro Phoenix area) with two exceptions. This unknown hospital bed alarm paging on Med 9, and Southwest Ambulance using Med 10 as their channel 11, with a different CTCSS than EMSCOM used.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.