NEWARK POLICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
yes

I read it someplace somewhere around late 2015 .NJPSIC system of course!
Get that Phase 2 radio soon .

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Wonderful their going to sound like crap now like Belleville PD

It's when you listen to the system with a scanner it sounds like crap. When you listen with a subscriber radio it sounds pretty good. I wish as much as anyone everything was all analog 25Khz with 5Khz deviation but those days are just about gone.:(

Monoxide16

Digital radio sounds so horrible!! analog sounds so mush better sorry to go off topic here but the worst system to listen to is Burlington co they sound horrible always come in all broken up! soon as they get on that portable radio or something major going on they come in all broken up why can't the fix that?? I never hear the radio techs at all and again sorry to go off topic

Monoxide16

Wow just like now the dispatcher asked 3 times for the officer to repeat the message your radio is all broken up sure do miss the analog days

slingshot202

Feed Provider
If Newark PD went up I'd probably be able to get them. I cannot get them on their traditional UHF, but I agree, listening to it on a scanner, most of the time it sound bad, but I do not agree that a regular subscriber radio would sound better, in Newark the dispatcher is always asking units to repeat and many times they sound like they are in a tunnel.

Analogrules

For those looking to spend money on a new TDMA Phase 2 radio, I wouldn't waste my money on it. I have the BCD436 and I assure you that it sounds like crap. I monitor Elizabeth PD, Union County PD, and Newark FD and they all sound like crap on TDMA. However, the phase 1 groups such as NJ Transit PD, sound very good and clear. I would wait until they come out with a better scanner that can decode phase 2 better.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
For those looking to spend money on a new TDMA Phase 2 radio, I wouldn't waste my money on it. I have the BCD436 and I assure you that it sounds like crap. I monitor Elizabeth PD, Union County PD, and Newark FD and they all sound like crap on TDMA. However, the phase 1 groups such as NJ Transit PD, sound very good and clear. I would wait until they come out with a better scanner that can decode phase 2 better.

I'm guessing you meant SCANNER based upon the rest of your post. The audio sounds fine on my Motorola APX7000. Regardless, the thread is getting a bit off track from the original posters question.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Newark Police 3 UHF Detective Freqs still in use?

Rather than start a new topic thread I am using this one since it is about Newark Police.

460.55000 RM123.0 PLDectv 1 Detectives 1 FM Law Tac
460.52500 RM123.0 PLDectv 2 Detectives 2 FM Law Tac *
460.60000 RM123.0 PLDectv 3 Detectives 3 FM Law Tac

Orginaly FCC licensed under KXQ689 & WPXL50 now expired.
My question is Newark Police Listeners,
Are these three frequencies still in use by the Police Department?

I have done some long time monitoring but have not heard a peep in a long while.
Perhaps it's all simplex but so far "zero, zip nadda" on any repeater communications.
(* This frequency now is licensed under WQLB461 Essex County Constable (Newark) perhaps they are using a different PL/DPL)

Thanks,

Max:cool:

ansky

Rather than start a new topic thread I am using this one since it is about Newark Police.

460.55000 RM123.0 PLDectv 1 Detectives 1 FM Law Tac
460.52500 RM123.0 PLDectv 2 Detectives 2 FM Law Tac *
460.60000 RM123.0 PLDectv 3 Detectives 3 FM Law Tac

Orginaly FCC licensed under KXQ689 & WPXL50 now expired.
My question is Newark Police Listeners,
Are these three frequencies still in use by the Police Department?

I have done some long time monitoring but have not heard a peep in a long while.
Perhaps it's all simplex but so far "zero, zip nadda" on any repeater communications.
(* This frequency now is licensed under WQLB461 Essex County Constable (Newark) perhaps they are using a different PL/DPL)

Thanks,

Max:cool:

I have always wondered about this too because Jersey City Fire uses 460.55 and 460.600, so I would think that could cause interference despite the different PL.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Yep. It is now an inquiry channel. The new line up is in the DB. Detectives should be over on channel 6 now.

ansky

I had a feeling something was going on with 460.500. I have them programmed into my scanner for Paramus PD but heard something else coming in yesterday. I assume that was Newark.

AC2OY

I had a feeling something was going on with 460.500. I have them programmed into my scanner for Paramus PD but heard something else coming in yesterday. I assume that was Newark.

I now understand the necessity for PL tones....here is the perfect example both Newark andParamus uses 460.500 but Newark's PL IS 123.0 and Paramus's is 142.2

AC2OY

I now understand the necessity for PL tones....here is the perfect example both Newark andParamus uses 460.500 but Newark's PL IS 123.0 and Paramus's is 146.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.