Tennessee State Bureau of Investigation (TBI) P25 conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpryor

Let this serve as the official Tennessee State Bureau of Investigation (TBI) UHF repeater P25 conversion thread.

Please monitor the TBI UHF repeater pairs for activity, and make note of NAC codes and probable locations.

The following was active in the greater Nashville area this past week. At least four different repeaters based on the unique NAC and different signal strengths. All traffic is encrypted.

460.5250 NAC 100, NAC A1A
460.5500 NAC 503, NAC A2A

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
You beat me to the punch Danny, TY! Keep the subs coming in, and as we get to them, we will work them in. I will go the extra mile in next week or so and get the FCC data for all the listed repeaters for Nashville up, and hopefully someone can narrow down which repeater is using which NAC/freq combos....

ka4bni

Feed Provider
Let this serve as the official Tennessee State Bureau of Investigation (TBI) UHF repeater P25 conversion thread.

Please monitor the TBI UHF repeater pairs for activity, and make note of NAC codes and probable locations.

The following was active in the greater Nashville area this past week. At least four different repeaters based on the unique NAC and different signal strengths. All traffic is encrypted.

460.5250 NAC 100, NAC A1A
460.5500 NAC 503, NAC A2A

460.525 NAC 100 is a tactical simplex channel used statewide.
460.550 NAC 503 is the Nashville / Davidson Co repeater.
All of their traffic will be encrypted. I doubt you will ever hear anything in the clear.

jpryor

Primary purpose of this thread to raise awareness and solicit collaboration. The only one I had submitted a few weeks back was the NAC 503 that I could confirm. The other couple will require some further sleuthing to pin down to the specific repeater site and call sign. But all others that can do so should monitor and report activity across the various other parts of the state.

EZlistener

Premium Subscriber
TBI P25 conversion et al.

I remember when the TBI repeaters were equipped with phone patches. Also there were patches to the NOAA weather forecast. This was the pre-narrow band, pre-P25 days. Campbell Co was 127.3, Hawkins 186.2, Knox 167.9, Carter and Cocke 131.8. 460.525 and 460.550 were referred to as "TCIC."

Status
Not open for further replies.