Help KSP post 11 London

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4HOI

Premium Subscriber
Pine Knot, KY now, but lived in SE MI and NW OH mo
The beginning of Dec. My local post 11 went dead, no activity at all. I used to get more activity from post 11 than all the local police, fire and ems combined. Well I checked the database and sure enough there was an update. Using Freescan I updated my BCD396T (has the latest firmware) and still nothing. I tried again with all the posts left in and I do get posts 10 and 15 sometimes but still nothing from post 11. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately I'm not in that area, so I can't be of too much help.

That said, I compared what I have for Post 11 from a couple of years ago to the current database listing. The current listing appears to match what I have.

I would think changes frequencies for a post would be a pretty significant undertaking. Not only would they have to change out the transmitters, but they would also have to re-program each trooper's radio - even those in far western Kentucky.

Do you have all 15 or so frequencies programmed in your scanner? If you have the 453.8125 London Tower "B" channel, it's possible that it is temporarily down. The towers in the adjacent counties may be picking up the load in the interim, or they could be even using the "A" channel.

Just a couple of thoughts. . .

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I've heard Post 4, 5 and 12 work bad wrecks, but they usually stay on the "B" channel. From the listening I've done, about the only time the "A" channels are used is when there is a 10-3 on the "B" channel, or if there is a special detail. So with them being on "A", that makes me suspicious of a transmitter issue.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Might want to check the NAC.... confirm they are correct in your radio or even remove them completely and do a search. Post 11 is very active.... the Chief is correct, you do need to have all of the freqs programmed, sometimes there are problems with one or more towers and everything goes to another....

KM4HOI

Premium Subscriber
Still not working

Thanks for the help. I have tried removing the NAC and leaving it blank; along with entering SRCH for all the frequencies. I saved the freescan files from the computer and again pulling from the scanner. The only difference I see is the nac field from the radio is blank. Maybe you can see something I'm missing.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).jpg
    Screenshot (1).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot (2).jpg
    Screenshot (2).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 134

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Nothing seems to jump out at me, so it is programmed correctly.

May just have to give it some time, in case it is a transmitter issue.

Was this working okay in the past and all of a sudden something went haywire?

Is there anything around the scanner that could be emitting RF and desensing your scanner? Have you tried taking your scanner some other place to see what happens?

KM4HOI

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help; KSP11 was working fine so I started logging specifically the USP McCreary prison to try and help identify more of the talk groups. I never changed anything and then as I said I realized the KSP wasn't coming across. I checked the database which reported a change for KSP on 12-2-14; I then imported that in even though I didn't see any changes except the addition of NAC's which unfortunately my 396T only works with NAC through ID search. I bought this radio just a couple months ago for the KSP as everything else around can be listened to with a $100 scanner (all analog, no trunking). Now I'm wishing I would have bought the 436hp. Oh well my wife and I are going to London this evening and I was thinking about checking it over there. BTW no RF issues.

KM4HOI

Premium Subscriber
Well I'll be...it's like dog take it for a walk or 50 mile drive; and now it's happy. Stopped at Radio Shack to compare it to a new one, turned it on in the parking lot and it locked on to KSP11London. Just got home turned back on and KSP11London running a local plate. Thanks for everyone's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.