Programming frequency tones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find the correct frequency tones for Webster and Choctaw county in ms some of the ones on radioreference are not correct I am programming a kenwood handheld vhf radio thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Use an scanner that can do tones. Program the freqs and leave tones open until you can find them during an transmission. Once you have the right tones, please submit them so we may update the db. TY in advance. Or, since you have legal permission to program an radio with those freqs right??? Ask the official communications officers of the agency you work for to give you the tones. Or have the agency's radio shop program it for you.

Also note: We only put the repeater out tones in the db, the tones you need to get into the repeater you will need to talk to the radio shop.

Unless your talking about HAM repeaters? To get more data than we have listed, check out the ARRL indexes they have out on the web.

I have asked one but our county doesn't know anything they are contracted I can get it programmed free but I wanna add a few channels myself outside of the county and that's what I have been doing I own a homepatrol and have a few codes saved but some depts barely gets calls cause we are a small county I will send you a copy of the tones do you know if the modes are correct as in nfm or fm

What are arrl indexes

I was adviced that both tones are supposed to be the same on vhf is that correct?

Disregard the fm nfm question I found a thread on that

Last edited by a moderator:

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes input and output tones are the same, but usually not. Now on an simplex or duplex system (base/mobiles) both the base stations and mobiles may have same tones. But usually in repeater set ups, they use differing tones. Especially if say you have 4 or more VFD's using one repeater. Disregard on the ARRL thing that was wrong index lol...

If you program the frequencies and tones as displayed on RR database you will be okay. You want then to receive only so that's all you need.

Be safe

I need to talk on the fire and ems channels that's in my district my radio has a few already in it but some channels are outdated and I wanted to add some channels outside my district

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
You need to contact the Emergency Management/Emergency Services Communications Director for the Counties you want to add that are out of your FPD. He can give you Countywide info, and get you pointed in right directions to talk to each VFD chief to get permission to add their stuff. MississippiPI, as well as myself have been Volee's and did the exact same thing your talking about doing. We contacted each agency we wished to add to get permission to do so. Also, make sure you have State Fire 1, 2, and 3 in the radio, as most multi agency incidents will shift everyone on to one of those for Interop Fireground, unless you are lucky enough to be in an "big" County that has multiple FG's, or is on an TRS or even MSWIN.

Naw our county's are small enough to blink and u will miss it but I have most of all the Freqs programmed in it with the tones I recorded my homepatrol that did a search and I have it programmed and I tested it on my district I didn't wanna test any outside my district

I bought a Baegeng uv b5 handheld for 30 dollars new and programed it manually for my personal use I still use my kenwood for fire calls because it's more durable and waterproof

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
If you are a volunteer FF or whatever and have permission to transmit on the radio the fire coordinator can direct you to the correct radio shop and provide the correct frequencies and tones. I called each one myself and asked if I could have their "stuff" in my radio in that I am all over the state--they were more than happy to do so, I have some LEO's but only to receive, transmit prohibited. If you just want to program the FD's and all like a radio then what the rr site has is correct, the receive and tranmit tone should be the same...

Be Safe

They are the same I have my depts in my new radio and it's working but our chiefs don't even know the frequency there radio programmer is from attala I already knew the frequencies just not all the codes but I have them now I even have the codes for the sheriff and police but I'm not transmitting on them my fire radio is already programmed I just bought another so I can monitor other frequencies without having to take my scanner and radio with me

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
LOL blink and you may miss It... I used to go through It daily on the way to Wesson.

Anyway, if any of the rptr out tones are differing from what we have listed, please do submit them.

Ok I do know a lot of the Choctaw frequencys are old and not in use anymore where do you want me to send the new ones I'm gonna try to print them out so I can go through them all

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Use the submit info button on each County's Page on the db.

I'm waiting on a list from the man that programs the radios for the rest of the codes. When I update my uniden homepatrol database does it come from rr cause they are very similar and I had to delete a few tones because I wasn't hearing anything

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Yes the data in the sentinel etc comes direct from the rr db

Status
Not open for further replies.