Somerset County Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtRetired

Hi Guys,

Is anyone in the Somerset County area willing to give me some info on the new 700 MHZ band.
I want to order a new HP2, and when I called Scanner Master to make sure the New Manville
700 MHZ freq would be in there, they told me if it was in the RadioReference database it would be.
I didnt see it listed, and was thinking that they just switched over a couple of months ago, so may
not be updated yet. A quick phone conversation would be great if you can. Shoot me a message and I will give you my #.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Mike

SgtRetired

Thanks Guys. Signal can you tell me what 700 MHZ is listed for Manville PD, so I can make sure
its loaded in at the store.

Thanks Mike

SgtRetired

Hey Rich,

The problem is the PD REG 5 listed refers back to the old 500 MHZ freq that Manville and Branchburg shared. I listened to it today, and was quiet all day. They were simulcast for a bit, but seem to be only on 700 MHZ now.

SgtRetired

Hey Signal,

Thats what I think also. So what is the ID for the 700 Freq that PD REG 5 moved to.

Thanks, MIke

I hear Region 5 on the UHF P25 band all the time. Including today.

Also, since this is Somerset County. I was listening to the Franklin Site yesterday. Anytime my 436 stops on the Sewer Authority TGID 55200; I only get a Motorboat sound from the control channel. There's an active UID and all, but just motorboat.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
TG 723 for Region 5. I'm going to confirm which TGs are on UHF, which are on 700 and which are on both eventually. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it feel free and let us know.

TG 723 for Region 5. I'm going to confirm which TGs are on UHF, which are on 700 and which are on both eventually. If anyone else wants to take a crack at it feel free and let us know.

Hillsborough comes over UHF once in a while. But mostly stays on 700. Bernards, exclusively 700; although used to be UHF for a little while in the beginning.

Most of the other regions I can hear on both. Bridgewater seems to be 700 exclusive.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
That's a good question richee...one would assume so...did you check the FCC licenses? I'd like to know as well.

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
OK :700 licenced at these sites : bernardsville (3 sites) neshanic, kendall park, somerville, bedminster, greenbrook, watchung, bridgewater..

i dont know if they are all actually used, as bernardsville is still on low band. And, I read that bernards Twp has a 700 site at their PD HQ.

the UHF sites are numerous, some at the same locations as the 700, some in addition...

SgtRetired

Hi Guys,
Just a quick update. I got my HP-2 yesterday and it is working great. Somerset County P25 is working good, and Branchburg/Manville are loud and clear on 723 on the 700 Mhz. A little bit of a learning curve on setting up some favorites lists, but all is good. Thanks for any advice given to all.

Mike G

Status
Not open for further replies.