RS PRO-651 Alert LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogger1

I've had this for a week and have figured out a lot of it. I used ARC-500 and radioreference.com to load objects. Am I correct in thinking that I can "tag" certain objects so that when a transmission is detected, an LED color will light up? I see the codes for the colors in the manual but cannot seem to tag a specific object with a color alert. Do I do this on the scanner (I've tried that)? Or can I program it into ARC-500?
Thanks.

RDGDigital

In ARC-500 you select the "Object Browser", then select the "Talkgroup" or "Conventional" bullet. From there you select the object you want to assign an LED color to. Then double-click on cell in the "LED Color" column and select the color you want.. See image below...

HyTnohy.png

You can change multiple objects at the same time by selecting several cells in the "LED Color" column and then right-click and select "Edit".

I hope this helps.

jogger1

LED colors

Thanks, RDGdigital. I just realized that I was in the "standard" view as opposed to the "expert" view. The standard does not show the LED column. Looks easy enough now, and I will try it.
Great to be able to receive a quick reply from another member of this forum.

Thanks again! Tom

vernongt

New Pro-652 and new ARC-500Pro

G'day All,
After many years of using Pro-163 [3 of them] and a Pro-164 [1], and using ARC-300 programming software, I have now; at the ripe old age of 67, come up against a really complicated [and different] radio and software.

Firstly Scan Lists are kinda new, but my BIG question is; can I load this radio as I did the 163s?
What I'm saying is, use the Scan Lists 01-20 as banks.

Do I really have to use Scan List 01 as the whole enchilada? And then allocate parts of it to Lists 02 - 20?

I'm using Radio Reference and trying to learn how to go about all this. It's very strange and confusing.

I watched a YouTube video of a guy loading his Pro-652 and he dumped his County [Conventional] objects into List 01, and then dumped the County [Trunked] objects into List 02. That kinda gave me the impression that he's not using List 01 as a Default place to hold all the objects. Then Mapping them to the other Lists.

Anybody wanna give me a nudge to get me started?

I'd appreciate the help, please?

Vernon

jogger1

Vernon's Question

Vernon: I'm hoping someone more experienced than I answers your question. As I said above, I'm one week into using ARC500 and the RS PRO-651. I believe that your PRO is the base version of the same scanner. I have been able only to import to Scanlist number one from radioreference.com. Then I have moved objects around as desired within the ARC program. Maybe someone can tell us if this is the only way to go or whether you can import into another scanlist within the ARC program.
Tom

N1BHH

G'day All,
After many years of using Pro-163 [3 of them] and a Pro-164 [1], and using ARC-300 programming software, I have now; at the ripe old age of 67, come up against a really complicated [and different] radio and software.

Firstly Scan Lists are kinda new, but my BIG question is; can I load this radio as I did the 163s?
What I'm saying is, use the Scan Lists 01-20 as banks.

Do I really have to use Scan List 01 as the whole enchilada? And then allocate parts of it to Lists 02 - 20?

I'm using Radio Reference and trying to learn how to go about all this. It's very strange and confusing.

I watched a YouTube video of a guy loading his Pro-652 and he dumped his County [Conventional] objects into List 01, and then dumped the County [Trunked] objects into List 02. That kinda gave me the impression that he's not using List 01 as a Default place to hold all the objects. Then Mapping them to the other Lists.

Anybody wanna give me a nudge to get me started?

I'd appreciate the help, please?

Vernon

Select what you want, select how you want it, objects can be in any and/or all scan lists load it all at once and make sure to activate the scan lists you desire. Give the file a name so you can edit/add/delete stuff in it later.

By the way you really should have started a new thread, as adding to a current thread may lead to confusion. Just a suggestion.

vernongt

Doing fine now thanks mostly to my Premium membership @ RR.com

Thanks for the feedback fellas,
I'm doing famously now and have [often by hook or by crook] managed pretty well in getting my Pro-652 to be programmed.
I don't get much trunked stuff here at Hog Heaven Ranch [Nth Arizona=Yavapai County], but have programmed some in anyway [Maricopa and Pima County], so I'm good when I travel down there.

I really love this Pro-652. It's my Christmas Present from my wife. Whata Babe!!!

Cheers for now.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
If you don't know Mark, you should. Mark's Easier to Read Scanner Manuals are worth reading (and re-reading...and reading again). I owe that guy a few cold beverages.

For the Pro 651/652 scanner, go here: Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

ScannerMaster sells a printed version, if you like that option.

@jogger1 - YES, you can tag each individual object with an alert LED. I tag all of my fire departments with red, state cops in blue, etc. Note - if you use the flashing LED while driving, it can be a bit distracting! Also, each object can have an alert tone, etc. I use WIN500 software and can tag each object independently (or select a number of them and apply my selection to them all).

ChitheadDeSo

Sorry to post in such an old thread but I have a question about the LED capabilities. I have a couple set up for different frequencies (the towns I am near have not yet switched to trunking). My question is though is it possible to set up the LED for a specific radio on a non-trunked system? For instance if a buddy is in public service and I want it to light up a separate color for his transmissions is that possible? Thanks in advance.

Redneck0410

Is it possible to program an alert LED for non-trunked system? Yes. Can it be singled out to one specific radio? No.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.