PSR-800: Firmware Update! CPU 1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3RADIO

So I ran the update today and out of the blue a new firmware update released on Dec 9 2014!

Does anyone know about this?

troymail

Silent Key
Maybe it was to add a check to make sure the radio is really a PSR800 and not a WS1080.... Apparently someone tried to update a Whistler radio with GRE firmware.... I'm just guessing....

SCPD

QRT
thanks

thanks for posting this I had no idea they were doing upgrades still .Whats 1.9 do?

Last edited:

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
thanks for posting this I had no idea they were doing upgrades still .Whats 1.9 do?

I don't believe the PSR-800 will get too many more updates unless more bugs are found. Anything new will likely be for the WS1080 only.

WS1080 firmware U2.5 and PSR-800 firmware version U1.9 are now available through their respective PC apps.

(WS1080) Version U2.5 - December 9, 2014
(PSR-800) Version U1.9 - December 9, 2014
•Fixed EDACS patching bug.
•Add delay in USB startup required by some USB host hardware.

As discovered and discussed in http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/302062-found-gre-psr800-whistler-1080-edacs-bug.html.

KE5TLF

....and nothing done about the eardrum shattering TDMA audio. I guess that doesn't qualify as a bug....sigh...

SCPD

QRT

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Don, can you modify this for the Radio Shack Pro-18? They sure won't do it.

From his other posts in a different thread, it didn't sound he would do it without RadioShack's approval since they are the ones in charge of providing support for their scanners.

The PRO-668 will require the fix, as well, but timing will depend on how quickly RS approves the firmware release. It's unknown if RS will want, much less approve, a fix for the PRO-18.

SCPD

QRT
Thanks Spitfire. Story of my life!

Really unless you listen to an Edacs system there is nothing to update. And even then .. it is a very hard thing to even notice that anything is wrong. So .. I wouldn't worry much about it.

dkf435

Don, can you modify this for the Radio Shack Pro-18? They sure won't do it.

This is one of those time where Radio Shack needs to keep all the loyalty they can, if they do not want to support the PRO 18 there is no reason to ever step in to a Radio Shack store for a scanner or their soon to be coming closing sale if they continue to alienate their customer base.

David Kb7uns

VE3RADIO

This is one of those time where Radio Shack needs to keep all the loyalty they can, if they do not want to support the PRO 18 there is no reason to ever step in to a Radio Shack store for a scanner or their soon to be coming closing sale if they continue to alienate their customer base.

David Kb7uns

I got one.. did not realize you cant even download the software.. you have to buy the software cd from RS if you lose the original.. common.. some computers don't even have CDROM anymore..

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, I updated the firmware to 1.9, and I seemed to have lost the ability to decode TDMA / Phase 2 audio. The scanner stops on the TG, but no audio. The 436 sitting next to it decodes the audio properly. Anyone else experience this?

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I noticed a bug on a Phase 1 700 system, it was trying to deocde but a frequency of 796.xxxx kept popping up

SCPD

QRT
I would reset your scanner to the defaults .. and retry. I had an issue with my RSSI .. that was even evident in the old firmware (but I didn't notice), but once I did a reset it fixed it. In the end .. there were no issues with the firmware at all.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The good news is the PSR-800 is fixed! For some reason, the DSP software had reverted to 1.1 at some point between updating to CPU 1.9 and resetting the radio back to factory settings. So after updating the DSP back to 1.3, it now works...

Status
Not open for further replies.