BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Issues with LTR and Type II Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I have had issues with trying to monitor local Motorola Type II and LTR systems on my 436. When scanning, the scanner will skip over them like they aren't even there. I've checked multiple times to make sure that I have all the frequencies in correctly, and I do. Oddly, I have the same systems programmed into my 536 the same way and my 536 picks them up fine. For reference, here are the systems I'm talking about:

Texas A and M University College Station Trunking System, College Station, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Skyline Communications (460 MHz) Trunking System, Bryan, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Skyline Communications (850 MHz) Trunking System, Bryan, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Texas Communications (College Station 460 MHz) Trunking System, College Station, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

phask

Premium Subscriber
The obvious question - do you have those service types ON?

I have had issues with trying to monitor local Motorola Type II and LTR systems on my 436. When scanning, the scanner will skip over them like they aren't even there. I've checked multiple times to make sure that I have all the frequencies in correctly, and I do. Oddly, I have the same systems programmed into my 536 the same way and my 536 picks them up fine. For reference, here are the systems I'm talking about:

Texas A and M University College Station Trunking System, College Station, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Skyline Communications (460 MHz) Trunking System, Bryan, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Skyline Communications (850 MHz) Trunking System, Bryan, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Texas Communications (College Station 460 MHz) Trunking System, College Station, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

mitbr

This has happened to me. I assume on the 436hp you are seeing the favorites list numbers on the top of the screen and it is not stopping on any of the lists.
Try the following instead of hitting the FL on by hitting the number than enter key instead hit the FL.SYS then enter. see if this fixes it.
Tim

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider

Are you using the systems in the full DB or did you make them into favorites? If they're in favorites, did you alter the sites or talkgroups' location data at all? If you made them from 'scratch', i.e. didn't copy them from the full DB, is there location data in there at all? And finally, is your radio's location and range within range of the sites/TG settings?

If you use System Hold, and then scroll through the systems, can you find them there?

Status
Not open for further replies.