Needing suggestions for best Illinois apps for scanner streaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I never thought I'd be asking for this ... but what do our Ill. members suggest for streaming radio traffic to a Moto G android smartphone?

My LG phone croaked, so I bit the bullet and and got a new smartphone (smarter then me)

Thanks for any suggestions!

n9zas

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Radio appears to be OK for finding or listening to distant Broadcastify feeds, if you don't mind the ads. The app at m.broadcastify.whatever is good- Lindsey has it pretty right, and does it with less overhead... that one i will recommend.

I use Proscan Radiofeed for my broadcastify feed, and have the separate server set up with a password for my personal (private) stuff. Finding an app that will get on my own server has been problematic and I am looking for a good one as well. Audio Streaming Lite by pineapps appears to be buggy for my needs and is always buffering or dropping and telling me to check my internet connection (which is always solid).

My impression is that most of the streaming apps are aimed at folks wanting to listen to internet radio and music, and their feature set is lacking when i want to listen to a password protected feed at 192.168.2.55 over my VPN network.

Like I said, I'm open to suggestions too.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah, Broadcastify was my first choice but it's not allowing me to log in. It just sits there, no errors or anything so I'm still looking.

Thanks.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.