Where is Mike Oxlong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickH

Mike Oxlong's signature says he can only receive e-mail, yet when I send one I get this message. "Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/user/MikeOxlong)"
How can I reach him?

Darkstar01

Was: N1RGR
I would also like to send him a message but even though I became a new member of this site on 12/20/14 and have posted several posts in the forums I still have not been granted membership privileges. I have contracted RadioReference support on 12/24/14 and have still not received any resolution. My question to Mike or any member of site membership is can a member deactivate an old account and reactivate a new account under a different user name at a different date? Or is the former member no longer allowed to become a member again in the future? Is this against the site rules and regulations because I have not found anything that states this. Despite my deactivation of my old account on 12/20/14 of which I no longer have access to so I can't assume my old account if I wanted too It has been brought to my attention by Mike that I have two accounts and that I am in violation of the website? How is this possible if my old account has been deactivated by me? I would love to have Mike explain this to me. Thank you.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
You have not been granted privileges because you have duplicate accounts which is against the site's rules. You should have asked to have your N1RGR username changed instead of creating a new account.

I will bring this to Lindsay's attention. He's on holidays so his response times are probably delayed.

Darkstar01

You have not been granted privileges because you have duplicate accounts which is against the site's rules. You should have asked to have your N1RGR username changed instead of creating a new account.

I will bring this to Lindsay's attention. He's on holidays so his response times are probably delayed.

So despite my account being deactivated by me it is still considered an active account even though I do not have access to it anymore??? Feel free to send my an email Mike instead of discussing this in this in this manner. Obviously we can't have a conversation like this. Rskyrider@hotmail.com.

Darkstar01

That's fine Mike. Obviously you are not going to explain to me how a previously De-activated account is still considered an active duplicate account. Thanks for all your help.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Impatient aren't we?

It's always suspicious when a member deletes his account and creates a new one shortly after receiving a warning from a Moderator. Many members have done this to hide their previous behavior on the forums from the Moderators or other members. It allows them to sneak back into the fray undetected.

I've emailed Lindsay and the Forums Manager with your post and will let them decide what to do as this is a matter of policy. They will be in contact with you privately.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
As per Lindsay, your new account has been set to regular status. You can now freely post.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
When contacting Support does not result in a response within a few days (BARRING HOLIDAY PERIODS) contact myself or one of the SuperMods. Look in the Guidelines for instruction.

Keep in mind some of us have PM's disabled so use the link to email. I know that's difficult for a few of you but please be patient.

Due to the account synchronization across the site we do not want members abandoning accounts and creating new ones. If you can't access your account then attempt to get it fixed first. REMEMBER: keep your account email address up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.