error message on Pro 197

Status
Not open for further replies.

trooper3315

Premium Subscriber
Reprogramming a Pro-197, after putting in a few frequencies, was listening to the scanner, had a channel come up that i wanted to delete. When i hit the delete button, had the message

Heap error
223B1F : 2242

come up. The only way to start the the SCAN again is to turn the scanner off. if you hit ANY button, the same message reappears and you have to restart the scanner. Nothing in the manual I have about ERROR messages. Any help greatly appreciated.

Trooper3315

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Reprogramming a Pro-197, after putting in a few frequencies, was listening to the scanner, had a channel come up that i wanted to delete. When i hit the delete button, had the message

Heap error
223B1F : 2242

come up. The only way to start the the SCAN again is to turn the scanner off. if you hit ANY button, the same message reappears and you have to restart the scanner. Nothing in the manual I have about ERROR messages. Any help greatly appreciated.

Trooper3315

You have some TGRP objects that are not associated with any TSYS.

R

retiredmich

The ONLY way to get rid of that HEAP ERROR is to reset your scanner to manufactory default, I had that happen to me twice & both times I had to reset my scanner to get it cleared from the error.

trooper3315

Premium Subscriber
can any of you guys tell me how to program the scanner using DEC / HEX instead of the Freq. When I do it still request a Freq be entered and there is no freq just eh DEC or HEX number/letters???

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
can any of you guys tell me how to program the scanner using DEC / HEX instead of the Freq. When I do it still request a Freq be entered and there is no freq just eh DEC or HEX number/letters???

Your scanner has to have a frequency to receive in order to function properly. Whether in conventional mode or trunking mode, in which a control frequency and alternate needs to be entered first. What you're referring to are NAC codes which still have to have a control frequency entered in a list first.

n9zas

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The ONLY way to get rid of that HEAP ERROR is to reset your scanner to manufactory default, I had that happen to me twice & both times I had to reset my scanner to get it cleared from the error.

I had the same heap error before I did my last Cpu update, and merely shut it off and powered it up again, and it cleared itself. ;)

n9zas

Swipesy

Your suggestion is the EXTREME fix for heap errors and should only be used as a last resort. Following your method wipes out all the scanner's programming which really is not necessary to fix heap errors.

The recommended fix for heap errors are the suggestions above that tell you to find the programmed Talkgroup that is not assigned to a System and either delete the Talkgroup or assign it to a System. Using this method saves you rebuilding the scanner.

R

retiredmich

Mine did not clear up, so I had to reset back to default & it worked fine.

trooper3315

Premium Subscriber
if you get the information from RadioReference, it has the DEC and the HEX numbers but no frequency numbers, on the page that may have the freq numbers, No DEC or HEX so how do you know what goes with what? Virginia State Police is what I am looking at, there has got to be a way to enter by the DEC / HEX i have done it before but can not remember and can not find my manual. THanks for you assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.