Uniden BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Proves it doesn't pay to be first in line.... I won't make this mistake in the future.. At least, not with Uniden.

I use to buy all the first releases Unidens, not anymore. I'll wait a year when prices drop and bugs are fixed. And only after numerous user reviews will I think about purchasing another Uniden.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
We'll if you buy from Amazon and the price keeps dropping you can call them up or chat online and they will keep crediting your credit card as the price keeps dropping. I think Amazon is beating EBAY up with their prompt service and shipping and customer service. Love Amazon

MStep

I use to buy all the first releases Unidens, not anymore. I'll wait a year when prices drop and bugs are fixed. And only after numerous user reviews will I think about purchasing another Uniden.

If I were to venture a guess at this point, my prediction would be that both the 536 and the 436 will end up retailing for $399.95 by April 1, 2015, providing that Uniden does not come through with the Siren App for the 536 and the Analyze and other promised features for both units by that date. The units could be sold at that price minus the 536 dongle and other features and they could be offered as paid add-ons after that date. I really can't see anyone shelling out $500+ dollars for either unit past that date unless all features become available by then.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Wonder how many refurbish units are from the first round of mistakes they had with the 536's just after release? Or maybe they are the returned units folks have been sending back (Amazon etc..) for credits, and the venders are re-listing them to try and make their money back real quick for the Holidays. Cannot blame some of the retail folks.

Voyager

Yeah I noticed it. What is strange is there is already re-furbished units on the market now. Weird

Not really. I purchased refurbed iPhones less than 6 months after release. I'm sure they get returns on any models less than a couple months after release. SAME with Whistler (or any electronics company for that matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.