Ocean City Changes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
For many a years I've gone to OC and enjoyed listening in. The first time or two were a challenge but after that, great. I was down this weekend using a handheld 396XT that I'm certain I had down there and functional a year or so ago. Nothing. (I realize they are quiet this time of year but I tried to both scan and do the Search ID (which I believe means receive any transmission).
I've been thru a number of the OC related 2014 threads and such, there
doesn't appear to be any frequency or other system changes in the last
12-18 months.....or did I miss something.
Thanx y'all, the silence was deafening.:confused:

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Thanx. I don't know whether I was hoping for a yes or no answer to this. I guess I'll start picking thru the freq/talkgroup info to see if anything pops out.
If anyone is using FreeScan and has Ocean City, MD set-up and functional
please let me know, I'd like to compare your file for OC to mine.
Thanx

troymail

Silent Key
It has been a few weeks since I was down but OC seemed to be working as normal last time I was there. I'm usually in Berlin and have noticed that at some point, the signal strength isn't what it used to be from outside the city.

The only change I know of is on RR - it was decided to merge Worcester and OC into a single system with two sites but that shouldn't affect your reception.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I haven't plugged the portable into FreeScan to confirm what I have loaded, but, if the last file on my PC is correct, their system had something like 20 frequencies and now has far fewer. Some of the newer ones are in the original older file, three are not.
This seems to relate to some changes related to Worchester Co and OC
as a poster was discussing some months back.
Once I get in front of the FreeScan PC with the portable I'll know for
sure. Thanx guys.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Thanx gents. Well, I checked the load on my 396xt. OC had 21 frequencies loaded. I will be paring it back to the appropriate 11 soon and then hoping I don't have to go back down there anytime soon. Smile. (I'm not as young as I once was so the appeal of the town has waned.)

baydog

Just to confirm what others have said. We were in Rehoboth Beach the week after Thanksgiving and heard the OC Fire 1, Fire 2 and Alert TG's.. Also heard OCFD Alert on 158.895.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
I'm glad you mentioned the conventional simulcast frequencies. I need to check on what I have there too. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.