PSR-800 BNC Female connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

mort3770

My PSR-800 seems to have gone to the dark side of what I've come to learn about a weakness of the mounted BNC connector. They seem to be susceptible breakage or damage over time. When I wiggle my antenna on the connector, the reception cuts in an out. Any idea where I can get a replacement connector?

R

retiredmich

Your antenna base connector could have broke loose under the antenna bnc hook up on your radio. If you are BRAVE enough to take your scanner apart & check the connection @ the base, it is very possible it broke loose. If so, just re solder it & re check it be for reassemble.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Gre always favored the cheaper bnc connectors on their scanners, with a two sided prong instead of a full sleeve.

Replace it with a Amphenol female panel mount bnc and reflow the connection, and all will be well! ;)

n9zas

kb8rvp

My PSR-800 seems to have gone to the dark side of what I've come to learn about a weakness of the mounted BNC connector. They seem to be susceptible breakage or damage over time. When I wiggle my antenna on the connector, the reception cuts in an out. Any idea where I can get a replacement connector?

I have fixed two of them for friends and it's a bit of a job. I have not had to replace the BNC connector normally it's just a broken solder connection that needs to be re-soldered. The problem is normally it's broken on the board which has a solid metal box covering it that has to be all un-soldered but before you can do that you have to remove the epoxy that is covering all of the solder. Then you have to pull up the box to resolder the connection on the main board and then replace the solder around the box. Then make sure the nut on the bottom of the BNC connector is tight and then put the scanner back together.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.