Frequency Manager + Scanner plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I use mine all the time. I find that the wider I go the less sensitive it is or the less likely that it will stop on an active frequency, depending on the strength of the signal of course . I like to stick to about 20 Mhz max.

MB

moonbounce

No Shift Box checked.

So if you select a strong frequency and test it in the manual mode to ensure that the signal is there, and then set the FM to scan say 500 Mhz either side of it, it won't stop on that freq? I am sure this is a dumb question but did you try to adjust the PPM?

MB

moonbounce

The only other thing I can suggest is the computer. I will have the same problem as you are having if I run SDR with the FM on my laptop. It just seems that the laptop is just not up to the job, the desktop with the same setup has no problem.

MB

RonnieUSA

So if you select a strong frequency and test it in the manual mode to ensure that the signal is there, and then set the FM to scan say 500 Mhz either side of it, it won't stop on that freq? I am sure this is a dumb question but did you try to adjust the PPM?

MB
Yes the PPM is set correctly, I have 3 NXDN Systems I listen to every day.

moonbounce

Yes the PPM is set correctly, I have 3 NXDN Systems I listen to every day.

So I am just trying to understand, when you say you listen to them every day it sounds like you where using the FM and it just stopped or were you listening to these frequencies by manually selecting them?

MB

RonnieUSA

So I am just trying to understand, when you say you listen to them every day it sounds like you where using the FM and it just stopped or were you listening to these frequencies by manually selecting them?

MB

I'm just searching for new frequencies, I have the 3 that I listen to programed into a scan list.

moonbounce

I'm just searching for new frequencies, I have the 3 that I listen to programed into a scan list.

So the FM was working and now is not working and on the same computer that it was working on?

If the is the case you might want to post your problem on the following link, the author JDow will probably get back to you with some suggestions real quick.

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SDRSharp/info

RonnieUSA

So the FM was working and now is not working and on the same computer that it was working on?

If the is the case you might want to post your problem on the following link, the author JDow will probably get back to you with some suggestions real quick.

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SDRSharp/info

I have no problems with FM working, just searching, it's not stopping.
Just switched back to my scan list, and it's working fine.

02blackss

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, bringing up an old thread here. I am using this software to scan the MilAir band

220 to 380....

I would say the scanning speed is reasonable, but would be nice if is went through the entire range much faster. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? I have pretty much eliminated all the birdies and random interference already.

cheers,

Jason

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, bringing up an old thread here. I am using this software to scan the MilAir band

220 to 380....

I would say the scanning speed is reasonable, but would be nice if is went through the entire range much faster. Does anyone have any tips or tricks? I have pretty much eliminated all the birdies and random interference already.

cheers,

Jason

Does your look like the pic ?

Detect ms, play with that. For me, the lower the value, that faster it scans. But set too low it might pass over traffic...

225-400 in 1.5 seconds as seen here http://forums.radioreference.com/mi...ds-best-milair-setup-ive-encountered-yet.html

Attachments

• sdsdsd.jpg
    sdsdsd.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.