HP-1: "Mismatch Model Name"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I'm trying to update my HP-1 to the latest database version which shows as 12/14/14. It downloads ok yet when I try to send it to the HP1 I have a pop-up message indicating:

Database is corrupt.
Operation is canceled.

Mismatch Model Name

This has happened on two separate PC's, one Windows 8.1 where I updated to the new version of Sentinel (although I don't have an HP-2) and the other Windows 7 Pro where I did not update.

I'd like to get this resolved as I now essentially have a brick given that the database is trashed.

Edit: I do notice that this has occurred in the past after searching RR for "Mismatch Model Name".

Last edited:

KC1UA

Database Admin
Well I was able to recover by using the "Clear User Data" option under the HomePatrol drop down menu of Sentinel, and it did so and apparently wrote the latest database to the HP-1, although all of the favorites lists I created are obviously gone. Fortunately I have them backed up.

In all of my years of using this scanner this is the first time I've ever had such a problem. Not sure what happened if it was not a corrupted database, which is what a search here pointed to.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I just updated mine successfully on my Win7 Ultimate x64 machine. I did a "read from scanner" before I did a "write to scanner", by habit.

I don't think you can do DB updates at all if you have not updated Sentinel to the latest version. I'm running 2.03 rev 02.

Try downloading the DB update again. If it says you're up to date, you could close Sentinel and then wipe out the DB, and restart it. On my Win7 machine, I deleted C:\Program Data\Uniden\HomePatrol_Sentinel\Updater\*.gz and then restarted the program, and it downloaded the 12-14-2014 DB again. Failing that, you could try to blow away the entire DB from that same directory structure, but instead of Updater as the last folder, go to Database. With Sentinel exited, of course.

KC1UA

Database Admin
Thanks Jay, our messages crossed but I'll make note of your suggestions for future reference. Actually it did allow me to update using the older version of Sentinel by clicking on the Later option when it told me I needed to update the software. At that point it simply downloaded the database anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.