BCD436HP - How to tell if listening to phase II TDMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
I am using my bcd436hp to monitor the Philadelphia P25 system. According to the wiki page for this system "Some talkgroups on this system are using Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation". Is there any way on my scanner I can tell which talkgroups are using phase II TDMA and which are not? Right now all I see is a "P25" at the bottom when decoding a transmission.

mitbr

I am using my bcd436hp to monitor the Philadelphia P25 system. According to the wiki page for this system "Some talkgroups on this system are using Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation". Is there any way on my scanner I can tell which talkgroups are using phase II TDMA and which are not? Right now all I see is a "P25" at the bottom when decoding a transmission.

When its decoding a phase 2 transmission down where it say p25 it will say PT0 or PT1.

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
When its decoding a phase 2 transmission down where it say p25 it will say PT0 or PT1.

Gotcha, thanks. I wasn't able to find anything about that in the manual. I guess I haven't been listenting to any phase II so far...

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
My County (Cobb Co, GA), is getting ready to make the switch over to X2, I've programmed all the frequencies into my 436, but it only locks on the current P25 channel, even though I have set it for P25 X2-TDMA, and receives as it does on the regular P25 system. I'm guessing that unless they throw up a new control channel, I will start to see PT0 or PT1 show up on the bottom?

Voyager

I'm guessing that unless they throw up a new control channel, I will start to see PT0 or PT1 show up on the bottom?

If they are using P25 Phase II, it will, yes.

If they are switching to X2 as you say, it will show PX0 or PX1.

Status
Not open for further replies.