high pitched tone on Brentwood / Rock Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjvalenta

Premium Subscriber
I have the Brentwood PD in one of my Sabers at 155.52Mhz, I don't listen to them much, but recently I noticed what could best be described at a 'high pitch tone' which is constant. I have a PL tone set for that channel at 114.8, yet the sound is still there, and only stops when I hear actual PD traffic. I then went to my scanner (which also has a PL tone set to 114.8), and the tone is there as well... Any idea the cause or a workaround?

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Brentwood and Rock Hill are now dispatched by East Central PD/FD. Both fire and police changed over. That squeal has been there ever since they changed over. Not sure why it is there. I have eliminated that freq from my scanner.

iamhere300

I can't here it down here, but I have seen where some agencies transmit a constant tone, 24/7, with a continuous duty repeater. When traffic is heard on the input it drops the tone and retransmits the audio with PL. Really disturbs scanner listeners.

Probably not the case, but it happens. Another agency used their city SCADA over the city PD channels with carrier squelch to keep scanner listeners away.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Really, it is a high pitched squeal almost like feedback on an amplifier or PA system. Very annoying. But since they don't use it any more I guess it really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.